EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FOR A RECENT OR UPCOMING COLLEGE GRADUATE!!
The electronics engineer will work in a project team to deliver electronics subsystems/systems to internal and external customer's new products.
The Electronics/Electrical Engineer will be responsible for designing, developing, modifying and evaluating electronic components or integrated circuit for a given implementation: printed circuit board (PCB), the board specification, schematics, PCB design, qualification, system integration and validation tests, product manufacturing supervision.
Primary responsibility is to ensure the overall product functionality and meet all applicable technical specifications:
- Analyze equipment to establish operating data, conduct experimental tests and evaluate results.
- Provide component selection based on evaluation data and analysis of specification and reliability.
- Apply developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommend appropriate alternatives.
- Select suppliers to manage the production of PCB
- Development schedule, meet various deliverables, resolve technical issues, and ensure product meets specification and quality goal
- Electrical product design:
Analyze customer (internal and external) needs and determine electrical system requirements, capacity, and cost to develop a system plan
o Existing product improvement or new design initialization for new product generation
§ simulation of the design
§ Analysis of mixed signal electronics circuits:
analog and digital component
§ PCB Layout
§ Evaluate systems and recommend design modifications
o Propose design validation plan to meet technical product and safety requirements.
o Propose design guideline, best practices and lesson learned
o Production of relevant design documentation
- Electrical product validation:
o Prepare test plan and test procedures for validation of all the subsystems of the design.
§ Creation of test plans, testing, and production level tasks
ü Define the test matrix
ü Define the acceptance criteria
o Prepare test plan and test procedures the validation of the system.
- Project core team member:
Work with project managers to ensure that projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget
o Develop standards and specifications for End of Life test validation
o Monitor the partners and supplier
o Coordinate with design team in developing new design ideas and techniques.
o Review and recommend changes to existing designs to improve performance and quality.
o Excellent communication skills, self-managing initiative, and detail oriented
o Team-oriented attitude
o Participate in the system and lead the electronic component DFMEAs
Essential Technical skills & Experiences:
o Electronics design:
- Must demonstrate expertise using Schematic design, simulation and Circuit layout tools such as Altium (preferred), PSpice, OrCAD, Mentor, Matlab/Simulink, Stateflow, etc.
- Must have a good knowledge of using the electronic controller architecture, allocate hardware and software requirements (Preferred knowledge with Microchip (AVR), Renesas, NXP, TI processors)
- Experience with C and C++ are mandatory
- Designing, developing, and testing real-time systems (signal processing algorithms)
- Significant development experience in implementing DSP modules in embedded real-time environments such as commercial DSPs, ARMs in C or C++
- Develop technical documentation including product specifications, layout instructions, test procedures, etc.
- Perform advanced research, explore and prove out new technologies in the market for continuous improvement
- Interfacing with customers as well as other internal departments Essential Requirements
- Strong understanding of electrical and electronics fundamentals including electromagnetics, passive and active components, and integrated circuits.
- Demonstrable capabilities in more key areas of:
Analog and digital Hardware, Microprocessor Architecture
sensor, Control Circuits, RF antenna, etc
Educations & Experiences:
- Experience with schematic, PCB layout, circuit designs: Altium knowledge preferred
- Support compliance testing for EMI/EMC and certification at external certified labs
- Experience with low power and battery powered embedded devices is high plus
- Experience working during proof of concept phase, prototyping and production
- Support manufacturing plant for technical assistance during postproduction of the product.
- Proficiency in using basic Hardware design validation equipment such as Oscilloscope, Signal generator, Spectrum Analyzer, DC power supplies, etc.
- Perform root cause analysis of design issues and develop effective resolutions
- Perform the system risk analysis: DFMEA to valid the hardware design.
- General Knowledge of ISO (medical norm) Standards and Requirements is a plus.
- Minimum Qualification BSEE required. Masters Degree preferred with Electrical/Electronics Engineering.
- Prefer minimum 2+ years of experience required in some combination of the following areas:
o Automotive, Medical, Telecommunication electronics product development.
o Direct design creation experience in Electronics circuits.
Legal Authorization for Employment in the U.S is a precondition for employment.