GENESYS at its core is a leading international full-service solutions strategist, general contractor, design-builder, construction manager, and Engineer-Procure-Construct (EPC) business sought out by manufactures & industrial processors globally. Employees and owners of the GENESYS Group companies work to build a better world through innovation, technology, and systems integration.
Our expertise, resources and capabilities are offered via multiple Studios such as:
Bulk Materials Handling
Electrical & Controls
Meat Processing & Packaging
Food & Beverage
Safety Success Solutions
Landside & Marine Solutions
In-house Strategic Resourcing / Procurement Group
For more information, please visit http://www.genesyscorp.net
Position Description – Mechanical Design Engineer
The Mechanical Design Engineer works directly with Mechanical Project Engineers to produce construction drawings and designs for fabrication and installation of industrial process equipment.
Mechanical Engineer I – entry level 0 - 5 years experience as a design engineer
Mechanical Engineer II – 5 - 15 years experience as a design engineer
Mechanical Engineer III – more than 15 years experience as a design engineer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Reports directly to Mechanical Engineering Manager but will be assigned to specific projects with supervision under the direction of the Mechanical Project Engineer.
· Create clear and precise fabrication detail drawings and installation layouts based upon the project scope, specifications and estimate. Including purchase components and fabrication material call outs on drawings.
· Designing of mechanical equipment based upon the project scope, specifications and estimate.
· Incorporating standards and specifications into drawings. Including customer, local, state and national codes and safety regulations.
· Effective communication and collaboration with electrical and controls requirements for the mechanical design. Including equipment description of operation and incorporating electrical control devices into the design.
· Effective communication and collaboration with vendors and sub contractors for purchase and fabrication of mechanical components.
· Effective communication and collaboration with other departments at GENESYS including sales/estimators, project management, fabrication, safety and installation.
· Checking drawings for thoroughness and accuracy, including self checking one’s own drawings.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering technology, or minimum 5 years experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to apply mathematical functions such as fractions, percentages, ratios and engineering formulas.
· Have proficient skills with AutoCAD and Inventor 2015 or higher. Excellent Soildworks skills will also fulfill in lieu of Inventor experience. · Have proficient skills with Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of mechanical mechanisms and machine design. Including various mechanical components such as mechanical, pneumatic or hydraulic drive packages.
· Ability to design mechanical equipment based upon project specifications and project scope.
- Ability to coordinate and communicate mechanical equipment functions, sequence of operations, time cycle requirements and etc with controls/electrical engineering. Incorporate electrical control system and control device requirements.
- Knowledge of fabrication processes. Including part fabrication, welding, and assembly requirements
- Wiliness to travel to jobsites for field measurements, and assisting the installation, start-up and debugging equipment based upon the project scope of work.
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment and to influence others to accomplish complex tasks and solve complex technical problems.
· Self-starter with a detail orientated personality.
· Positive attitude.
· Ability and willingness to drive change and challenge / improve existing processes.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $102,485.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Mechanical Design: 1 year (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction