Shine Solar is a company dedicated not only to its customers, but also to its employees. We realize that a strong employee base and a free-flowing communication of ideas is integral to smooth operations. Our close-knit workplace culture reflects that in our recognition that we all do better when we’re having fun!
Our dedicated team is focused on bringing clean, affordable solar power to thousands of homes and businesses across the US. Installing happiness is what we do, because we believe a happy planet means a happy wallet and a happier you!
Our purpose is to generate happiness for our customers and ourselves through and extraordinary customer experience that inspires all of us to tell the world.
Before applying, please check us out online at:
The Journeyman Electrician will install wiring, conduit, inverters, disconnects, meters, panels, batteries, and any electrical devices necessary for residential solar systems. Some commercial work involved. Will work under the supervision of the Master Electrician, review system and interconnection design for adherence to Electrical Code (NEC). Will discuss the customer’s request for repairs or installation and provides estimates for cost and timeline. Will follow specifications on blueprints, diagrams, and technical drawings for solar installations. Will initialize systems, perform system checks and troubleshoot. Will work under the direct supervision of the Field Superintendent, Field Resource Manager or Lead Developer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provides support for the department. In addition to other duties as assigned, will follow state and local regulations based on the NEC. Will support and coordinate with the job supervisor and other staff regarding all aspects of the job. Will follow SEQ (Safety / Efficiency / Quality) Policies and Procedures. Will assure work is completed and on schedule. Will fill in for other crew members outside of the primary electrical discipline.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
- Facilitates order of needed electrical components.
- Gathers appropriate material for daily tasks.
- Installs conduits using a hand, mechanical, or hydraulic bender.
- Installs new wire in existing systems or repairing old wiring.
- Documents problems and prepares reports.
- Sizes wiring, fuses, and circuit breakers per NEC code.
- Responsible for conduit bending – up to 2 inches.
- Installs electrical service panels, electric service entrance, and electrical disconnects.
- Performs electrical wiring of solar array (AC and DC).
- Assists with general site preparation and clean up.
- Troubleshoots PV systems and resolves electrical issues.
- Performs system commissioning and function checks.
- Facilitates the trenching, concrete, and rebar work to install underground wiring and create system foundations.
- Attends electrical inspections as needed on behalf of the company.
- Works with office installation management to track/update electrical inventory.
- Ensure a quality installation experience for the customer.
- Responsible for the installation of electrical frameworks, as well as the detection and correction of faults in existing electrical systems.
- Responds to service calls quickly and within the expected timeframe.
- Performs routine maintenance on various systems as requested.
- Notifies client immediately if the plan needs to be adjusted due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Verifies and leads in compliance with local, city, state, OSHA, and national electrical codes.
- MUST NOT be afraid of heights
- Journeyman or Master License in the state of OK Required
- Must have a clean background record
- Must provide hand tools (electrical snips, dykes, screwdriver, etc. Power tools will be provided).
- Must be willing to work in attics and crawl spaces, when necessary.
- Be willing to work with a team to complete solar Jobs
- The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
- Overnight travel up to one week a month required
- THIS IS A SAFETY-SENSITIVE JOB FOR PURPOSES OF STATE MEDICAL MARIJUANA LAW.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Electrical Experience: 1 year (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Electrical License (Required)
Company's Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place