For over 40 years Polyfoam Corporation has proudly engineered and manufactured molded plastics in the United States. Today we have a large product offering of injected molded plastics and foam molded plastics such as Expanded Polypropylene (EPP), Expanded Polyethylene (EPE), and other engineered foams. We provide both custom designed and stock products along with design, rapid prototyping and testing services.
The Manufacturing Engineer performs all basic manufacturing management tasks in support of Plant Management. They are change agents involved in improving operational efficiencies, reducing scrap, identifying cost reductions and supporting implementation of new programs. This is an opportunity to learn, grow and have a positive impact in all aspects of the company.
· Troubleshoot and resolve improvement opportunities involving design and/or operations with Plant Management and/or Engineering team.
· Collaborates with management, suppliers and manufacturing supervision to identify and implement continuous improvements.
· Coordinates manufacturing of prototypes for proof of principles.
· Analyze test data and issue reports to validate that changes meet functional and performance specifications.
· Coordinate with other team members (as needed) to facilitate successful project execution and closeout.
· Performs cost reviews to determine efficiency, scrap and machine rate. Maintain accurate BOM
· Participate in regular Management meetings to provide updates on projects or changes.
· Ensure that all engineering and quality documents are consistently updated with the most current information.
· Develops and maintains customer and supplier relationships to enhance company’s ability to procure projects.
- Perform other duties as required by Management.
· Strong organizational, communication, and analytical skills.
- Required to face strict deadlines and be flexible when dealing with conflicting and often multiple priorities; will need to organize his/her own time as well as coordinate many activities that deliver desired results.
- Must be self-motivated, results oriented, driven by excellence.
- Ability to collaborate with customers, suppliers and internal departments as needed.
- Exercises good judgment when handling non-routine matters and ambiguous issues.
- High level of competence in computer applications such as project management software, ERP System and equipment HMI.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Plastics Engineering or related field.
· Minimum 1 years’ experience in manufacturing, design engineering and project management.
· Demonstrate outstanding written, verbal and presentation skills as well as negotiation skills.
· Microsoft Office knowledge and experience a must.
· Knowledge of Sage ERP business system preferred.
· Ability to think through and reason out problems logically.
· Must be a self-starter and have ability to work independently or with a team.
· Highly organized with a positive ‘can do’ attitude, planning and time management skills
· Must possess strong leadership, relationship-building, and management skills.
· Knowledge of standard engineering concepts, practices, and procedures.
· Bilingual (Spanish) desired.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands (type on computer keyboard), or adjust vision (near and far) during a day’s work.
- Occasionally will lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- The noise level is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
- Manufacturing Engineering: 4 years (Required)
- Injection Molding: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement