In the position of Architectural Technologist, we would ask you to do the following:
- Be involved in the full life cycle of the project. From design and planning, pre-construction, construction, to project close-out.
- Assist the Team Leader, Project Manager and Superintendent in project design and related administration
- Work alongside and regularly communicate with owners, architects, contractors and engineers
- Review, interpret and update Architectural drawings and specifications
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date shop drawings, track the status of RFI's, obtain quotations for notices of change, update and assemble as-built documents
- Conduct quality control activities, inspection programs and periodic updating of construction progress records
Here are a few of the attributes and experience you need to be successful in this position:
- You have an engineering degree or diploma and two years of construction experience or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience
- You work hard, play hard, and make a difference in your community.
- You have a great attention to detail and the ability to creatively solve problems.
- You have the ability to be flexible and work in a fast paced environment.
· You have an understanding of construction terms, activities, and sequences.
· You have an understanding of construction project management processes.
· You have a strong working knowledge of AutoCAD
· You have working knowledge of Revit - would be an asset but not required.
· You have working knowledge of Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
· You have working knowledge of the National Building Code of Canada
· You have excellent organizational and communication skills
- You work positively within a team to achieve a common goal of completion of the project
- You are willing to travel throughout Atlantic Canada and beyond.
- You have a valid driver’s licence.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent