Come Grow With Us!
Hull is a leader in environmental and engineering consulting with offices throughout the Midwest. Our employees feel a connection with the work we do knowing we are actively working to enhance the quality of life in our communities.
We embrace collaborative problem solving, open communication and continuous learning. Our partnership with our clients to create unique and lasting solutions to their project needs.
Currently we are seeking a Civil Engineering Designer. The ideal candidate will be someone passionate about client service and takes pride in their design ability, particularly in land development projects. Experience with Auto CAD Civil 3D is a requirement, with mentoring others in the software a plus.
You will have the opportunity to use your skills and passion to contribute to a dynamic range of projects. With ample opportunities for career advancement and our great benefits, we are sure to give you a challenging yet satisfying job experience!
This position can be located in our Dublin, OH or Newark, OH office.
This position provides detailed design skills within a multidiscipline team of engineers and scientists working within a team environment. The person in this role should maintain accuracy, quality, completeness and meet deadlines and budgets as set within the project. Works under general direction of a project manager or unit manager.
- · Produce simple to complex, accurate drawings and illustrations in accordance with company standards from data, sketches, or verbal communication from technical staff with general direction;
- Develop preliminary site layouts, grading plans, utility plans and profiles, geologic and hydrogeologic cross-sections, and other details;
- Utilize AutoCAD, Microstation, and related software programs to perform routine calculations such as determining distances, areas, and volumes and more complex calculations such as determining soil balance, landfill volumes, and stormwater drainage volumes;
- Serve as a technical resource for the company to mentor others; help develop and implement training programs and monitor industry developments; and
- Assist with drawing reproduction, and plan set assembly, distribution, and filing.
- Knowledge of civil plans and relationships among sheet-types within a plan set;
- Able to work from rough sketches or verbal discussions to assist engineers in the development of simple drawings with minimal guidance and complex drawings with some guidance;
- Advanced knowledge of most recent installed version of Auto CAD Civil 3D and related software; Knowledge of industry drafting and design standards Advanced knowledge of drafting and technical illustration skills; and
- Excellent organizational skills Professional written and oral communication.
Typically holds a degree from an accredited technical school or applicable skilled trades program, but a degree is not required. Sufficient work experience will count toward the educational experience.
Generally 2+ years of experience performing design related work in a civil engineering environment.
Hull is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.