TMC is in immediate need of a Principal Systems Engineer (Storage & Backup) to support our federal client located in Pocatello, Idaho. This position is responsible for design, deployment, testing, certification, patching, addressing interoperability issues, not only of the base storage & backup system, but for all features, components and application dependencies to include Storage Area Network (SAN), Network Attached Storage (NAS), Tape, local disk, Fibre Channel, iSCSI, etc. Due to federal contract requirements, the candidate must possess a US Citizenship and an active Top Secret clearance.
Position requirements and duties of the Principal Systems Engineer (Storage & Backup) include the following:
- design, implement and provide ongoing support of the Storage & Backup Infrastructure.
- serve as the advanced knowledge resource for all Storage & Backup environments.
- create and maintain storage infrastructure for both bare-metal and virtual machines with the appropriate SAN, network, or local storage configurations, using both OEM and third-party tools that include virtual storage tools and services.
- provision/configure required storage & backup for servers.
- evaluate, improve, and maintain the information security throughout the storage & backup infrastructure.
- monitor and correct critical storage and create recovery processes for hardware failures and performance bottlenecks and configure alerts for proactive response times.
- install, configure, test and maintain system management tools, SAN and Tape infrastructure and server plugins with the latest hardware and software patch and firmware versions.
- proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability to include verification of the replication of data, fail over copies, redundant data sets.
- monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks, such as automated provisioning storage with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- provide 3rd level support
- liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- ensure technical documentation exists for all systems and is kept up to date to include inventory and patch levels of all systems to include hostnames, property numbers, IP addresses, enclave, number of cores, number of processors, admin passwords, certificates, and service accounts on a monthly interval.
- integrate systems with Windows and Linux as it applies to core service dependencies. Engineer and implement solutions for multi factor authentication with FBI standardized software and hardware.
- document system configurations to include passwords, access controls, version number, and revision numbers, patch levels, and inventory to include hostnames, TCP/IP addresses, number of processors, and number of cores, memory, and license keys.
- provide real-time reporting of storage provisioned and utilized resources to include performance metrics for tape and disk space consumption, storage availability, performance and trends.
Job Requirements: *
US Citizenship* and active Top Secret clearance
Five years’ experience with Net Backup and Tivoli Storage Manager required
Six years of overall storage and backup experience required
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Job Type: Full-time