Electec Engineering Inc. is seeking an electrical building design engineer to join our team out of our Bedford, Nova Scotia Office. This individual will enjoy challenges, want to make a difference and thrive in a fast paced, exciting work environment with a growing Nova Scotian company. Seize this opportunity to interact and create relationships with professionals in the design and construction community. Be a part of the movement to green building design with us.
We can offer you the opportunity to be part of a company that completes quality work with expertise to existing and new clients in a responsive manner with a focus on integrity and excellence. Join our dynamic team and experience innovative projects in an environment of cooperation, respect and openness as you expand and develop your career.
- Medium and low voltage technical electrical engineering project design work: prepare design drawings and
specifications including power, communications, fire alarm, lighting, security and audio/visual systems
- Perform site reviews and associated reports prior to, during and after completion of construction
- Attend design coordination meetings
- Review and approve electrical contractor specification submittals for project equipment
- Apply industry codes and standard such as the Canadian Electrical Code, National Fire
Protection Association, National Energy Code and Nation Building Code of Canada
- Coordinate with contractors regarding project schedule, budget and interpretation of project documents, codes
- Coordinate with utility service providers and other public and private stakeholders
- Organize project information. Keep accurate and complete records
- Coordinate with drafting personnel in preparation of design documents
- Prepare project cost estimates
- Registered or eligible to register as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Nova
- Knowledgeable in a variety of standard engineering methods and techniques
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Competency in the use of AutoCAD software is not mandatory but preferred
- Effective in communicating information and ideas in a professional setting
- Adept at using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative design solutions.
Electec Engineering Inc. was established in 1990 and has completed thousands of projects throughout the Maritimes and across Canada. We are focused on providing a full range of professional electrical engineering services to our clients. The Electec team includes engineers, technologists, project managers, CAD technicians and administrative staff.
For more information please see our website: www.electecengineering.com
Electec Engineering Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We weigh the applicants based on their qualifications without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected status.
Compensation: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $90,000.00-$110,000.00 per year
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bedford, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)