BC Building Science is looking for a Building Envelope Engineer or Technologist to join our successful team. The main role involves building envelope design and field review services for new construction and renovation construction. The Building Envelope Engineer or Technologist will be supervised by a professional engineer.
BC Building Science is a professional engineering firm, specializing in building envelope and energy efficient design for the residential and commercial construction industry in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, Washington, and California. BC Building Science has had continued sustainable growth over the last 25 years, through delivering high-quality and creative engineering solutions to an outstanding group of successful clients.
The successful candidate will:
- have a diploma in technology or have a degree in engineering;
- have a minimum of one year of building envelope experience;
- be experienced with local construction methods and materials;
- be particularly knowledgeable in the field of building science and building envelope design;
- be skilled in technical writing and have excellent communication skills – written and oral; and
- be an intelligent creative thinker with high attention to detail.
The main functions of the successful candidate are:
- reviewing building envelope aspects of the construction of wood framed and concrete structures;
- enhanced design and field review as well as technical report writing;
- building envelope field testing and commissioning; and
- communication and ongoing construction correspondence with related parties including Developers, Contractors, and Architects.
BC Building Science is offering a competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications, with the opportunity to increase the salary based on the individual’s knowledge, motivation, and performance. We offer an extended health benefits program, profit sharing, and RRSP package.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
Interviews will be conducted over video meetings.
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- building envelope: 1 year (preferred)