RPS North America provides engineering, environmental, and scientific advice across the US and Canada. We offer a comprehensive range of consulting services and technology solutions to support our clients in all sectors of the economy. We serve as the North American platform of RPS Group, one of the world's preeminent consultancies.
RPS Group is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us implement our next generation of web-based Ocean Science products. This role requires a start-up mentality and a passion for using technology to solve complex business problems. You will be part of a growing development team and be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of one of our core products. In this key development position, you will have responsibility for innovative code designs and solutions that provide both modularization and scalability of development. This is a highly visible role requiring the ability to deliver high quality code that meets feature and schedule goals. You will work closely with our software team, project manager, and product owner to develop a world-class product.
- Develop and grow the RPS Ocean Science core web products
- Architect, develop, test and deploy scalable, secure, high performance applications
- Write unit and integration tests
- Work with limited supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborate with Product Managers to deliver products for our clients
- Technical leadership and mentoring of software engineers at all levels
- Review designs and software written by teammates
- Expertise with front end MVC frameworks including React
- Experience with open source web mapping libraries (Mapbox, Leaflet)
- Proficiency with at least 2 programming languages (Java, C, Python, C++, C#)
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs (use and implementation)
- Experience developing Mobile Applications
- Strong understanding and experience with CI/CD
- Comfortable working in a Unix/Linux environment
- Self-motivated problem solver
- Demonstrated ability to learn/adapt to new technologies
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge of cloud (AWS or Azure) services (S3, Lambda, EC2, ECS, ALB)
RPS is an industry leader and we pride ourselves on our ability to attract and retain exceptional talent by treating our employees well. In addition to competitive compensation packages, we offer:
· Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage for employees and families, with no waiting period and generous contributions to monthly premiums.
· 401(k) Plan, with a dollar-for-dollar Company match of employee contributions, up to 5% of eligible compensation
· Share Purchase Plan, which enables employees to purchase shares via payroll deductions at 85% of market value, with the Company matching employees’ shares 1:1
· Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care costs.
· Performance-based bonus program.
· Generous vacation and sick leave policies in addition to company-wide paid holidays.
RPS North America provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or other protected characteristics. RPS complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and requirements governing nondiscrimination in every location in which we operate.
Job Type: Full-time
- Software Development: 5 years (Required)
- React: 4 years (Preferred)
- Front-End Development: 5 years (Required)