- Program Development
- Analysis Skills
- Microsoft Office
Application Engineer Specialist-INF0001V2
Under technical direction analyzes client area requirements and processes prepares application system specifications and programs automated solutions or integrates applications to resolve business problems. Maintains centrally developed systems. The focus of this position will be designing or developing business applications and/or designing or developing alternative solutions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
Evaluates defined client area requirements and processes (e.g. new enhancements or maintenance) and detailed designs and develops moderate to complex application program solutions.
Ensures quality of application solutions by performing code review with peers creating documentation implementing code verifying program logic performing defect root cause analysis and completing unit and integration testing.
Participates in systems testing with other IT staff.
Assists with the high level design of solutions.
Consults with the client area to analyze system requirements and capabilities identify associated risks and resolve problems. May act as a liaison between clients and applications area.
Researches and evaluates new and/or alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost effective solution for the systems/program design and develops system specifications and procedures. May include integrating vendor applications and consulting resources into existing applications and resources.
In conjunction with operations area technical staff supports the implementation of the application into production and testing environments. May confer with technical personnel to identify and resolve issues.
Typically Manager or above
Skills Knowledge and Abilities
1. Requires a broad knowledge of the system development life cycle and system and application
program development alternatives.
2. Strong knowledge of client area's functions and systems.
3. Solid knowledge of application development support software packages
4. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
5. Understanding of interface design and user centered work methods.
6. Requires solid communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively among all levels of internal/external business partners/clients.
7. Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office suite and other business related software systems or languages including but not limited to Mainframe DB2 UNIX Oracle Websphere J2EE Java Peoplesoft Business Objects and ETL. Must be proficient in at least one higher level programming language databases and interfaces. Other technologies will apply dependent on business area supported.
8. Ability to multitask in a fast-paced dynamic workforce.
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
2. Typically a minimum four years of application program development experience.
3. Applicable certificates preferred.
Job Information Systems
Primary LocationUnited States-South Dakota-Sioux Falls
Organization Technology Executive
Job Posting Sep 11, 2019
Unposting Date Ongoing