CSS2 - Systems Engineer - Field Engineering Representative (FER)
Location: Maxwell Gunter AFB
Consolidated Networks Corporation (CNC) is hiring a Systems Engineer to assist in fielding, integration, upgrade, and to support schedules and activities for deployed IT systems across the Air Force. As technical field representatives for the Program Management Office, individuals in this position will facilitate communication between the field and the program office at meetings and conferences, ensure local operators and base personnel are informed of program status, progress, issues, and planning schedules, and provide the Program Manager with any local operator or base program status issues, concerns, or questions regarding fielded systems.
Bachelor’s degree in related technical discipline, or MIS related field is preferred, but not mandatory.
- U.S. Citizenship and an active SECRET security clearance
- 7 years of experience in a medium to large enterprise IT environment.
- 5 years of experience with the following:
Basic networking concepts, VLAN, trunking and port channel
Knowledge of data communications, local-area networking, wide-area networking, routers, and switches
Network (Layer 2, 3) LAN/WAN knowledge and switches/routers
Understanding of Internet Protocol (IP) routing, switching, and the OSI model.
- Possess refined critical thinking skills, should be a self-starter, and multi-task capable.
- Approach work as diplomatic, adaptive to a dynamic environment, dependable and reliable.
- Ability to coordinate and disseminate information across multiple agencies and interface with senior leaders on a regular basis.
- Security+ or equivalent at start,
- ITILv4, within 60 days of start
- Cloud+ or Project+, within 60 days of start
- Participate in local user meetings (e.g., Daily Ops brief, Operational CCB (Configuration Control Board), Operational ERB (Engineering Review Board), DRB (Design Review Board), IOP (Information Operations Platform) Call, Ticket Review, ARC Ticket Review, Change Advisory Board (CAB)
- Based on Government provided information will brief leadership on the status of programs
- Participate in commander conferences, staff meetings, A6 director calls, IPT calls, section meetings and other relevant unit meeting related to PMO deployed programs and systems
- Provide relevant program information back to the PMO via telecons, email, weekly meetings, and requested reports/documentation
- FERs will interface with program SMEs to assist in the coordination of system specific tasks (i.e. Change Requests, cross-functional communication, etc.)
Field Engineering Reps (FERs) will be required to report on the following:
- Summary of all work accomplished by the FERs during the previous month
- Mission Impact of this work (i.e., schedule, cost, performance)
- Status of current efforts, issues or risks
- In addition to acting as field liaisons, FERs will provide, as requested, on-site Field Service Engineering (FSE). These tasks may include the following:
- Provide FSE efforts such as equipment configuration, troubleshooting and installation when directed by the Government
- Coordinate and accomplish data calls and site surveys when directed by the Government
CNC values the experience and training Veterans of the armed forces bring to the workforce and we welcome all to apply.
CNC is an employee-owned corporation with core competencies in numerous IT functions. These competencies include voice, video, and data network design and implementation, telecom engineering, physical layer installation, network administration and management, performance and security optimization, and IT outsourcing. Founded in 1998, CNC provides end-to-end network engineering and IT services to its government, education, and corporate clients. Those services include secure high-speed internet access, flexible remote access, and high-performance wide-area and local-area networking. CNC serves a wide range of clients. From long-haul carriers and non-traditional entrants in the telecom industry, to large enterprise clients, small businesses, education and government organizations
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $68,000.00 - $78,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Professional Development Assistance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday