Our Hillsborough, New Jersey location Manufactures Lysol Products
Electrical and Controls Engineer is responsible for all aspects of electrical, automation and control systems for all the equipment in the factory, in order to prevent equipment downtime and to increase productivity, safety and quality.
TECHNICAL & OPERATIONAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Provide engineering and operational support for implementation and integration of control systems to ensure adequate and reliable operation
· Provide engineering support for production and maintenance activities to ensure maximum production.
· Provides electrical and controls support, to operations as needed; including troubleshooting, preventative maintenance (PM), changeover, modifications and repair of line equipment
· Investigate production problems, diagnose faults and partner with Maintenance to plan and organize equipment repairs to reduce downtime and outages.
· Troubleshoots and accomplishes minor program changes in Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s).
· Manage small projects including developing project plans and leading project activities
· Maintains equipment, parts and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
· Provide key technical support in capital projects and new process/product development
· Work with team to develop the daily and weekly strategy based on priorities and the utilization of downtime studies and gap analysis for continuous improvement activities.
· To maintain and update electrical schematics, engineering drawings for production, and technical documentation for new and existent equipment.
· Develop operating instructions and equipment specifications
· Provides training and guidance to team members to accomplish production goals.
· Works effectively in a Team based work environment.
· BS Electrical Engineering required
· Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems and perform complex system tests this includes automations
· Familiarity with process controls, motor controls, instrumentation, automation principles, and industrial networking
· Familiarity with Allen-Bradley/RS Logix 5000/RS/5000 and Factory Talk View platforms
· 3+ years of relevant work experience in a team based manufacturing environment; on high speed packaging equipment preferred
· Demonstrated strong troubleshooting skills through the use of continuous improvement techniques
· Show thorough understanding of the interactions between machine, materials, methods, environment, and people to provide robust operating systems
Benefits at a Glance
- 4 weeks of vacation
- Annual performance bonus
- $15,000 tuition reimbursement eligibility every calendar year.
- 16 weeks paid maternity leave
- 6 weeks paid paternity Leave
- 401(k) company match
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
To keep our employees safe, we require masks and provide gloves and hand sanitizer. Our premises are sanitized daily and temperature checks are taken prior to entrance. In addition, our employees can visit our company store to purchase Lysol products.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place