This Portland based Design Engineer will be the sole point of responsibility for translating Audio Visual systems into a viable design to deliver a functioning system to our clients.
What part will you play?
You will deliver a descriptive scope for its operation to the Sales and Programming team, and become the technical authority to support the CAD, Integration, and Install teams as they bring your design to life.
The Audio Visual Design Engineer translates quotes into a viable designs which may include: Video Teleconferencing; Audio DSP systems; Biamp / QSC; Projection and Display Devices; Video Wall Display Systems; Digital Signage Systems; Crestron / AMX / Utelogy Controls; Polycom RealPresence; Cisco TelePresence systems; Acano systems; Wireless Microphones; PTZ Wall Cameras; Barco / Planar / Pryzm / VueWall Displays; Dante; Evertz; VBrick; Grass Valley; Christie Spiders; Cisco Unified Communications; Skype for Business / Microsoft Lync Video & IM; VoIP Technologies.
What will you be doing?
The job responsibilities of the Design Engineer include the following:
The design engineer will be able to help in this area by:
- Conceptualize from scratch AV systems designs for Diversified client companies
- Interface & maintain ongoing dialogue for projects with Clients, Sales, CAD, and Tech Ops team members
- Provide documentation for quotes & bid packages detailing equipment, cost, labor estimates, pre-installation requirements, and site survey results
- Develop detailed BOM, detailed infrastructure drawings for architect, general contractor and electrical contractor use, and create final engineering drawings for rack layout, system wiring and custom plates or cabling assemblies
- Maintain awareness of emerging technology that can fit our client’s budget without sacrificing quality or reliability
- Project lifecycle is important and learning the standards our clients are comfortable with is just as important as selling new technology and solutions where they fit. The position bears the responsibility to develop long lasting client partnerships & work with team members to maintain the account on all levels
- Assist in the preparation of consultant specified bids and submittals
- Assist and perform client site visits for initial surveys, ongoing technical assessment, and support for tech ops during integration, install, & commissioning
- Assist programmer with technical direction when developing user interfaces & control programs.
- Create, and manage change orders to assist with maintain or increasing profitability on projects
- Assist with technical oversight, red lines, and design questions during integration & commissioning of systems
- Capture field mark ups and assist with generating As-Build drawings sets for the final design package
- Provide ancillary services, as warranted, when the Field Engineering team is unavailable in the areas of; programming, DSP setup, installation assistance, commissioning, and supporting service technicians
What do we require from you?
- CTS-D and/or CTS-I preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in AV systems design
- A thorough, demonstrable understanding of systems integration techniques
- Skilled in the use of AutoCAD
- MS Office – able to use Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access proficiently without training
But wait, there’s more!
- Collaborative work environment with dynamic growth opportunities
- Committed to the career development and education of our team
- Comprehensive competitive benefits package
- #2314 Inc. Magazine’s 36th Annual List of America’s fastest-growing private companies
- #2 on SCN’s Annual List of Top 50 Systems Integrators
- Internationally recognized: Digital Studio Award at CABSAT 2019 in Dubai; InAVation Award at ISE
2019 in Amsterdam
- Recognized among “Elite 150” on CRN’s 2019 Managed Service Provider 500 list
- CEO Awarded 2018 EY Entrepreneur of the Year in New Jersey
- Named as one of 50 Most Admired Companies in 2017 by Silicon Review
As an industry leading technology provider, Diversified is engineering tomorrow’s communications solutions! From boardrooms to classrooms, command centers to surgical suites, and stadiums to studios, our team is unlocking and engineering our clients’ imagination and harnessing today’s latest technologies to help them communicate their messages with the world. Our passionate team delivers innovative solutions around the globe and is constantly growing to serve our expanding clientele. Join us as we push the envelope in our mission to bring imagination to life!
To learn more about becoming part of the Diversified team, visit us at https://careers.diversifiedus.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diversified is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. Diversified is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for handicapped and disabled employees.