We are an Information Technology Managed Services Provider. The Network Engineer is responsible for providing a 3rd/4thTier of technical support for IT Managed Services to customers both remotely and onsite. This position will work closely with our Network Operations Center and Technical Service Delivery Teams to resolve customer support requests, perform routine maintenance and operations.
- Play an active role as a contributing member of a Technical Services Delivery Team
- Document and record all activities using various web-based ticketing systems and support request tracking tools.
- Create complex support documentation (runbooks) for client environments and turnover support for those to the Tier1/2 helpdesk staff.
- Assist with hardware installation of computers, printers, various networking equipment, servers and other IP connected devices.
- Assist with complex infrastructure support requests via escalation from the Tier 2 helpdesk
- Maintain a professional appearance and conduct in a customer environment, demonstrate a high level of professionalism (white-collar).
- Ability to lead high level discussions with Clients around ground to cloud migration strategies for critical infrastructure in highly available configurations.
The ideal candidate should have experience and have proficiency in the following areas:
- 4 years experience in an IT position supporting Network, Software, and Hardware
- Expertise in Virtualization Technologies (KVM, VMWare, HyperV)
- Expertise in Microsoft Server (2008+)and Applications(Exchange, SQL, IIS, SCCM)
- Experience with maintaining/supporting VoIP Technology(Endpoints, SIP, DIDs)
- Intermediate experience with 3rdParty Cloud Service Providers, AWS, Azure, GCP, and Others.
- Intermediate experience with VPNs, VPCs, SD-WAN, and complex IP routing/switching concepts
- Understanding of IT Service Management and ITIL concepts and directives
- Good understanding of Wiring Closets, IDF; MDF; cable tracing; toning out; running cabling; other low voltage activities and layer 2 physical connectivity (Cat5/Cat6) tasks.
- Understanding of WIFI networking; SSIDs; Basic principles of coverage and connectivity for WIFI devices.
- Ability to follow instruction, be on time and provide documented reviews of work performed.
- Reliable transportation, traveling to client sites will be required on a regular basis, mileage will be reimbursed.
- Ability to pass a background check & drug screening
- Full Time Position with Health Care Benefits
- High Growth Environment with Advancement Potential
- Privately Owned and Operated
- Convenient Location in Historic Downtown McKinney, TX
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance