Flight Test Engineer supporting the F-35B and F-35C aircraft. Either as a Test Conductor or Control Engineer within the F-35 Integrated Test Force (ITF), NAS Patuxent River, Maryland. Position will work with military, contractor, and civil service personnel as members of the flight test team.
Duties and responsibilities include planning, scheduling, and executing flight test mission requirements by:
- Developing and publishing test plans and flight test cards
- Determining and communicating aircraft test requirements and configuration to responsible engineering, maintenance, instrumentation, and flight operations personnel to ensure aircraft readiness
- Complying with published test safety plans and standard operating procedures
- Conducting test missions and performing test mission briefings and debriefings, after meeting qualification requirements
- Evaluating results from flight activities and incorporating "lessons learned" into future test activities
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Overtime, non-standard shifts, and weekend work will be required.
BS in an Aerospace Engineering
General understanding of aircraft capabilities and/or flight test techniques
- Understanding of aircraft capabilities and test techniques for modern fighter aircraft
- Ability to interface with all levels of ITF management.
- Above average and effective communication and coordination skills
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
As directed by Executive Order 14042:
Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, effective December 8, 2021, Lockheed Martin will require all newly hired employees, in the United States, must be fully vaccinated before their start date.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
4 yr and up College