The Process Engineer serves as an internal consultant, leading process improvement initiatives across the University. This position will interface with all levels of the organization and will lead and facilitate cross functional teams to improve processes. Additionally, this position will also identify and remove barriers that prevent successful attainment of process improvement goals and is responsible for proactively identifying process improvement opportunities to significantly impact organizational goals.
This is a temporary position with an expected duration of 18-24 months with the option to extend.
Northeast Ohio Medical University is an AA/EEO Employer. The university has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion and to maintaining working and learning environments that are free from all forms of discrimination. Women, individuals with disabilities, veterans and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Principal Functional Responsibilities
- Responsible for leading and deploying the best practices in the organization by taking initiative to support continuous improvement in various processes.
- Leads, facilitates, executes and manages projects to reduce costs by implementing Lean and Six Sigma tools and methodologies.
- Identifies and recommends improvements
- Utilizes Lean Six Sigma tools to assist in preparing feasibility studies
- Evaluates various improvements and creates value analysis to identify cost savings
- Develops methods to reduce costs while maintaining quality standards and ensure increased efficiency
- Identifies the key areas for improving standards and incorporates new techniques to enhance the existing operating standards.
- Involved in preparing the documentation for the improved processes
- Collaborates with leadership to clarify and resolve issues
- Provides guidance in preparing details to assist in improving processes
- Perform other duties as assigned
Bachelor degree required.
A minimum of two years of experience in performance/process improvement, change management, DMAIC/Lean implementation. Experience managing, executing and sustaining major change initiatives with quantifiable results partnered with project management experience. Lean/Six Sigma Black Belt certification highly desired.
Key Skills, Personal Characteristics, and Key Competencies
This position must be able to demonstrate exceptional problem solving and change management capabilities, advanced leadership and coaching skills, advance data analytic skills (operations research, statistical analysis to determine optimal and solution, etc.), strong project management skills to successfully plan and implement improvement projects. Must also be enthusiastic, possess a mindset for change, and be able to influence with passion and data. This position must be adaptable to accept new changes in the field and should remain abreast with the latest developments happening in that field. The selected individual should be extremely well organized with the ability to identify problems and resolve them quickly. Strong oral and written communication skills with excellent organization, planning and implementation skills would definitely prove to be an advantage. Excellent analytical, good written and oral communication skills, project management skills. Ability to facilitate cross functional groups. Higher education experience preferred.
- Communication: Builds and maintains open, transparent and effective lines of communication, within and outside the University, to better serve others in all interactions; appropriately tailor written and verbal messages to target audiences.
- Service Excellence: Maintains focus on service excellence in all relationships with colleagues, students and NEOMED guests; views all interactions as a potential opportunity for demonstrating NEOMED’s focus on serving others.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion/DE&I: Practices inclusion of those unique human qualities that are different from our own and outside the groups to which we belong; respects and values all people, nurtures open dialogue between those of differing perspectives; and empowers people to express themselves and show an appreciation of others. Diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I)at NEOMED includes in addition to the dimensions of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, sex, gender identity and sexual orientation, it also includes socioeconomic status, physical attributes and abilities; political, cultural, and intellectual ideologies and practices.
- Civility: Civility at Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED) involves treating people with dignity, respect, and courtesy which involves efforts to understand differences and a general awareness of the rights, wishes, concerns and feelings of others. It involves speaking in ways that are respectful, responsible, restrained and principled, and avoiding that which is offensive, rude, demeaning or threatening.
General office environment /Research labs
Must be able to utilize a phone, computer and screen and other office equipment. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear and occasionally stand, walk, reach, stoop, or kneel. Must be able to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.