***Design-Build Experience on High Speed Rail Projects Preferred.
Experience with Assurance on Track, Stations, Signaling Systems, and Rolling Stock is highly desirable.
- Experience with the preparation of a project Master Plan with the development of options and to support the process of acquisition of land for the alignment, facilities, and construction.
- In-depth knowledge of signaling technologies as applied for CBTC and PTC systems.
- Design experience in civil infrastructure, track, rail systems (overhead line, signaling, telecommunications, control center and on-board/mobile signaling and telecommunications equipment), safety assurance, system assurance, engineering safety, and interface control is essential.
- In-depth knowledge of AREMA standards pertaining to civil infrastructure, rail systems and engineering safety.
- Understanding of CENELEC and IEC standards as applied to rail systems, engineering safety, and RAMS.
- In-depth knowledge of the Federal Code of Regulations risk analysis requirements for System Safety and Security.
- Broad knowledge of industry/regulatory codes and standards and design criteria in all engineering disciplines.
- Knowledge of NPFA 130 for designing infrastructure for Transit System Guideways and Stations.
- Experienced in permitting requirements and proficient in the successful management of design approvals from relevant regulatory bodies.
- Ability to adopt a systems engineering approach to design management via requirements capture and management including validation and verification.
- Possess knowledge of testing, commissioning and start-up of rail systems and handover to transit authorities.
- Experience of supporting T&C.
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited university along with with a minimum of 9 years’ experience working in the construction industry and/or large-scale infrastructure projects; or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience Or in lieu of Bachelor’s degree 15 years of experience working in the construction industry and/or large-scale infrastructure projects.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience of implementing requirements and working in a standards environment for major rail projects.
- Experienced user of requirements management software
- Familiar with the US and international railroad and general construction standards.
- Must have undertaken engineering activities on a large, complex project/program or on multiple lesser size projects, with experience of infrastructure construction.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with a range of multidisciplinary stakeholders, demonstrating excellent influencing skill.
- Exposure to BIM (Building Information Modelling)
- Ability to communicate, engage and influence a variety of external stakeholders at public forums.
- Ability to communicate complex issues to stakeholders.
- To possess strong written and spoken communication skills combined with strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Knowledgeable in planning and executing high value, multi-faceted lump-sum turnkey civil infrastructure projects.
- Computer skills (MS office).