We are looking for anexperienced electrical controls engineer to join our K2 Kinetics team in YorkPA. Someone who enjoys working withothers and loves automation applications. Someone who has solid experience with electrical control systems thatintegrate and control packaging lines, machines, and conveyors.
Strong knowledge ofthe design and development of PLC based control systems is a must. This includes the generation of electricalschematics, safety circuits, BOMs, panel layouts, network architecture, deviceconfiguration, PLC programming, and HMI development.
Experience withPackaging Lines, Packaging OEM Equipment/Machines, and Conveyors is highlydesired. Experience in food, beverage,and CPG is ideal.
Motion servo controlis desired and Robotic experience with ABB, Fanuc, Epson, and other brands is aplus.
Strong knowledge ofRockwell/Allen-Bradley, Wonderware, and IA Ignition products is desired.
- Design,develop, configure, program, and commission controls systems for packaginglines
- IntegrateOEM equipment, machines, conveyors, and other systems into a single linecontrol system.
- UsingCAD, design the electrical schematics, safety circuits, and control panellayouts.
- GenerateBOMs (Bill of Materials) for all panel and field devices.
- Generatecable and wire pull-sheets for electrical installation
- Setupup networks and configure devices.
- Developmachine level operator interfaces and line level HMIs
- Workwith design, engineering, and project managers to define scope and function ofsystems
- Workwith vendors, equipment suppliers, and contractors
- Workwith other controls engineers on larger projects
- Workwith control technicians, electricians, and shop personnel to install packagingequipment, lines, and systems
- Testand fully vet out in shop
- Participatein Factory Acceptance Test (FATs) in the shop for customer approval.
- Travel(some) to customer’s site for installation and commissioning
- Field Devices: PE, Limit Switches, Lasers, Product Level, etc.
- Product ID: Bar-code scanners and cameras.
- Discrete and Analog IO
- Safety circuits, relays, and field devices (Light Curtains, Door Locking SSW, Gate SSW, etc.)
- PLC - Allen Bradley CompactLogix, ControlLogix, SLC, and uLogix
- HMI - Allen-Bradley PanelViews, FTViewME/SE
- Communications - Allen Bradley Ethernet I/P, RSLinx
- VFDs – Allen-Bradley PowerFlex 525
- Servos - Allen Bradley Kinetix 5500
- AutoCAD electrical design
DesiredKnowledge (but not all required)
- Wonderware InTouch, Historian, and SystemPlatform
- Ignition HMI, data collection, OEE, DT
- Rockwell ControlNet, DeviceNet, RSNetworks
- Other Rockwell VFDs, and Motion
- Siemens PLCs, VFDs, Motion, and HMIs
- Robotics - ABB, FANUC, other brands
- Vision - Keyence / Cognex
- Experience in food processcontrol - mixers, cookers, tempering, heat exchangers, chilled water, steamcontrol, CIP systems, and batch control is a definite plus and may beconsidered in lieu of packaging experience.
Educationand Experience Requirements:
This is an office position which requires 20% travel,the ability to sit for long periods of time while in front of a computer, andthe ability to lift at least fifty pounds.
K2 Kinetics is an equal opportunity employer andprohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics,protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, orany other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
- PLC/HMI: 5 years (Required)