Riverside Research’s Modeling and Application Development Group has an opening for a Junior Engineer/Scientist. This candidate will work in a small team in designing, developing, and testing algorithms to integrate into our software. The position also requires software skills to debug tech issues and support testing software for the Air Force Distributed Common Ground System (AF DCGS) weapons system, called the Enterprise Collection Planner (ECP). ECP is a multithreaded, real-time system leveraging virtual machines, high end graphics, and service oriented architectures to provide mission planning capabilities to the AF DCGS.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
- Support validation and verification of technical characteristics and performance of airborne and space-based platforms and sensors
- Work closely with engineering leads, software developers, program managers, and testers to design, develop and deploy ECP
- Translate operational needs into technical requirements; prepare supporting documentation
- Represent the Riverside Research development team at customer meetings
- Nominal travel may be required to locations such as: Warner Robins, GA; Hampton, VA; Yuba City, CA; Boston, MA; Palmdale, CA
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline, preferably in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics
- Experience with software development
- 0-5 years relevant experience
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a TOP SECRET//SCI clearance
- Experience working in a Windows environment (Windows Server 2012 preferred)
- Working knowledge of two or more programming languages
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.