Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That's why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
At Honeywell, our outstanding team of scientists, engineers, and professionals develop ground breaking technology by applying their expertise in complex hardware and software control systems, atomic physics, ultra-high vacuum environments, cryogenics, cyber security and others.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
We are seeking a Cyber Security & Compliance Specialist for our Albuquerque, NM location. We are moving new businesses technologies into next generation products utilized by millions of people to make our world more secure.
This position, for a joint Security Compliance and Information Systems Security Professional, will be a unique member of the Honeywell's Security Team, ensuring compliance with the National Industrial Security Program (NISP), specialized Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Program/Special Access Required (SAP/SAR) government programs from the perspective of both physical security and information security by researching, developing, implementing, testing and reviewing Honeywell's infrastructure to protect information and prevent unauthorized access.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Coordinate personnel security clearance requirements with various government entities
- Gather information necessary to maintain security and maintain hardware/software
- Coordinate required security education for employees, to include initial security briefings and annual refresher training
- Process and maintain classified document accountability records and contracts (DD form 254, Contract Security Classification Specification) in a web-based database
- Review systems in order to identify security weaknesses, recommend improvements to amend vulnerabilities, implement changes and document upgrades
- Coordinate shipping and packaging of classified material
- Assist with maintaining Honeywell Global Security (HGS) Compliance Management Systems databases used for contracts management, metrics, compliance data site profile, National Compliance Operations Center (NCOC) interface and training
- Participate in various government security reviews, conduct and document government required self-inspections, and assist with any corrective actions required
- Assist with the coordination of the security aspects of construction and government approval for any controlled areas that are required by the business unit
- Submit required reports to Honeywell management and the government
- Keep responsible HGS Security Management apprised of any security deficiencies or potential problem areas
- Provide feedback to various HGS Compliance Standardization Teams
- Assist with physical security maintenance and response to include interfacing with contract guard force
- Ensure security in depth standards are met through close collaboration with the on-site guard force
- The incumbent is required to deliver timely support services to the business unit's personnel
Bachelor's Degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering or five years of directly related work experience
Minimum 5 years of experience in a DOD or other industrial security program, and in-depth knowledge of the DOD or other government security regulatory manual
Must be a US Citizen with current Top Secret//SCI security clearance
Educational background that includes a focus in security, compliance, computer science, mathematics, engineering and/or criminal justice
Completion of a Government Industrial Security Course (Special Security Officer (SSO) or Facility Security Officer (FSO))
Thorough knowledge of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), the NISPOM Overprint, the JAFAN 6 series directives, and Intelligence Community Directives (ICD)
Experience with Defense Security Service Applications to include the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS) and Industrial Security Facility Database (ISFD)
Experience with contractor guard forces, to include work as a uniformed guard or supervisor
DSS Chapter 8 course or similar Automated Information System Security training
Industrial Security Professional (ISP) certification
Excellent communications skills, the ability to work as part of a team, leadership and conflict management skills
9201 San Mateo Blvd NE,Albuquerque,New Mexico,87113,United States
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.