Position: Advanced Mechanical Engineer– Quick Release Couplings
Location: Canton, MI
Reporting To: Chief R&D Officer (Stauff Group – Werdohl, Germany)
Our company’s engineering department currently has an immediate opening for an Advanced Mechanical Engineer.This an excellent opportunity to work in a friendly work environment with a team that is dedicated and passionate about customer service, quality and innovation.
Stauff is a world leader in pipe, tubing and hose clamping solutions, hydraulic connectors, quick release couplings, filters, valves and accessories. A privately held manufacturing company headquartered in Werdohl, Germany, one of Germany’s 1000 “hidden champions”, has a global presence in manufacturing sights, sales subsidiaries and distribution partners. Our customers are never far away from our renowned world class service.
At Stauff we focus on our people and our relationships. We bring integrity, accountability and courtesy to our every interaction between employees, distributors, customers and our supply chain. Employee passion is infectious and inspiring, and our emphasis on teamwork makes work enjoyable. We’re looking for inspired team members, resourceful problem solvers, inquisitive thinkers and dedicated professionals who want to learn and grow with us.
Achieving success at Stauff requires dedication, taking initiative and a strong desire for personal development. We seek talented, intelligent individuals who possess the humility to succeed as part of a team. Being part of our team, you'll find yourself surrounded by people who love what they do and want to help you succeed.
If you want to be challenged, engaged and rewarded, chances are, you’ll like what Stauff has to offer you.
Main responsibilities will involve generating concepts/designs for new Quick Release Coupling (QRC) products plus modifying and improving existing products relative to meeting design objectives. These responsibilities can include project activities such as concept development, planning, design, modeling, analysis, prototype development and testing coordination, process improvement, etc.
Desired Attributes and Qualifications
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter who has a passion for engineering and can offer unique and complex engineering challenges that require persistence, original thinking and a positive attitude.
- Team player that leads by example; is professional and respectful of others.
- Strong customer service attitude.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills; must be willing and able to interact effectively with all levels of the organization in a clear and concise manner.
- Dedicated to personal and team development.
- Working knowledge of relevant products (QRCs) and applications is highly desirable.
- High level of computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office tools.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills. Solves technical issues independently and with support from team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare design related quality documentation- prototype control plans, production control plans, PPAPs, DFMEA, FEA, Hydraulic Flow Modeling, etc.
- Initiate new designs and modifications for components for continuing product improvement.
- Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for production parts using SolidWorks.
- Review the prints prepared by other engineers.
- Perform FEA analysis and present conclusive results
- Interfaces with engineering and business development staff in remote locations (Germany, India, China, etc.)
- Interfaces directly with customers and vendors as needed
- Complies with ISO 9001:2015 regulations and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations. Consult with HR Department as appropriate
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s or advanced Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 8+ years’ experience in mechanical design of QRCs or hydraulic valves
- In-depth knowledge of SolidWorks 3D or equivalent CAD systems
- Extensive knowledge of metal fabrication processes
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to plan, schedule, coordinate and problem solve effectively.
- Proven ability to lead change and motivate at all levels within the organization
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects / initiatives with budget limits and time constraints.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of problem-solving tools/methods.
- A strong interest in continuing to learn about new technologies and processes.
- Must have an advanced knowledge of mechanical engineering and design and be familiar with applicable standards and acceptable industry practices.
- Proven track record of accomplishment as a design engineer.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 8 years (Required)