The Oshkosh Fire & Emergency segment is a single-source designer and manufacturer of fire apparatus, homeland security vehicles, mobile command, communications vehicles, and airport rescue firefighting vehicles. Our brands are known globally for quality, safety, and innovation.
Oshkosh Fire & Emergency is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world's toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
This posting is for future anticipated openings
Provide design and integration support for vehicle control/embedded systems development. This position shall provide the necessary hardware/software recommendations and resource estimates for project planning. The position shall be able to execute a vehicle control/embedded system project plan, and write C, C++ applications for embedded systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Support supervisor, suppliers, engineering specialists, and other departments to execute job assignments consisting of meeting specification and performing calculations, analysis, and material and component selection
2. Responsible for quality conscious design including cost, weight, reliability, and ease of manufacturing.
3. Provide production support
4. Provide technical assistance for prototype, pilot, or production build
5. Participate in cost studies, project time estimation, and technical proposals
6. Utilize various state-of-the-art engineering tools, i.e., a personal computer (PC) or (CAD) equipment, in assigned projects as applicable
7. Process engineering information through change notices, change proposals, and the creation of thorough part print documentation. Respond to continuous Improvement Request forms
8. Use reasonable foresight to identify vehicle operation and maintenance risks and control them within acceptable levels
9. Direct support of suppliers and test programs to include travel to off-site locations as necessary to accomplish assigned engineering programs
10. Be able to obtain a commercial drive’s license if requires to accomplish assigned projects
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Computer Engineering, or Computer Technology (Programming)
- plus years related experience
Ability to read, comprehend and develop electrical schematics
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.