POSITION/TITLE: Robot Programmer/Controls Engineer
REPORTS TO: Electrical Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide robotic programming for Yaskawa, Fanuc, ABB, and Nachi robots in accordance with RIA standards in an Automotive Secondary Tooling Manufacturer setting. The robotic programmer would work in conjunction with the controls team to integrate automation in an automotive industrial setting.
NATURE OF ASSIGNMENTS / DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop robot programs/paths and background logic within robot controller from scratch.
- Assist customers in troubleshooting current programs and reducing cycle times.
- Assist PLC programmers in coordinating communications between the robot controller(s) and PLC(s).
- Create and read logic and flow diagrams for program design, programming, simulation, testing and start up.
- Programming Leadership
- Develop and implement standard engineering practices
- Provide detailed documentation upon project completion
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Experience in the Automotive industry is a plus.
- Knowledge of cutting, routing, material handling, and dispense applications a must.
- PLC programming experience a plus, but not required.
- Ability to read electrical schematics.
- BS in Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Engineering is desired but not required.
- Travel to assist with startup and debug could be as much as 30%.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to lift and move objects up to 20 pounds. Must be able to talk, walk, stand, and sit an office environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off