COMPENSATION: Depending on Experience
Reports to: Project Engineer
Based at: Aurora Office
Key responsibilities & Accountabilities:
Responsible for successfully facilitating all aspects of multiple current construction projects from preconstruction after award through project closeout.
Duties & Tasks:
· Pre-Construction Phase
- Complete initial setup in Spectrum when new contract is received from project manager.
- Compile all necessary submittals required for each project.
- Submit to Landtech Project Manager for approval prior to submitting to Client
- Track submittal approvals and resubmittals and keep project team updated.
- Create field file for Superintendents and present at preconstruction meetings.
- Assist Project Manager with creating all necessary purchase orders (P.O.’s), work orders and subcontracts.
- Send to project manager for review.
- Upon final approval of P.O, send to purchasing.
- Upon final approval of work orders and subcontracts, send to subcontractor and accounting.
- Review and become familiar with all construction drawings and specifications, including any conflicts or needs for further clarifications.
- Attend and participate in Project Preconstruction meetings
· Construction Phase
- Generate requests for information (RFI’s) and send to project manager and superintendent for review.
- Include proposed solutions with all RFIs. (do not send out without a proposed solution)
- Send RFIs to Client after review with project team.
- Track RFIs including responses and any new documents by putting them in the necessary project file locations.
- Notify team of any changes to the scope work related to RFI.
- Keep construction plans updated in sharepoint including linking all RFI’s, ASI’s, etc. to the most current set of drawings as necessary.
- Assist Project manger in Change order requests as necessary, including takeoffs, material quotes, and additional submittals.
- Assist in weekly labor reports and tracking of remaining budget hours and notify project team when budget hours are nearing limit.
- Attend plant, boulder and misc. material selection meetings with general contractor as necessary.
· Project Closeout Phase
- Complete all necessary project closeout submittals
- Submit to Project Manager for approval
- Upon Project Manger Approval, submit to client.
- Complete all Warranty letters and completion letters
- Schedule and assist the construction to maintenance turnover meetings
- Keep track of punchlist items and notify client with all items are complete.
· Miscellaneous Duties
o Participate in bi-weekly Project Management Meetings
o Assist Estimating department with bidding and project takeoffs during slow or winter months when there are no active projects.
o Demonstrate role model behavior on ethics and integrity as well as positively promoting company culture
o Maintain open communications with all departments and personnel in regards to safety, job efficiency, product quality, and customer service
o Comply with Company policies and procedures
o Other duties as assigned
· Reads, analyzes and interprets technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
· Writes technical and professional reports and correspondence using proper spelling, grammar and style.
· Communicates information and responds to questions individually and in small groups
· Defines problems, collects data, establishes facts and draws valid conclusions using a variety of variables.
· Applies common sense understanding to carry out simple written and oral instructions; deals with standardized situations or problems involving a few concrete variables
· May involve lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. for short periods of time
· Must have visual acuity to see and read paper and electronic documents.
· Sits for long periods of time, may walk, stand, bend, stoop, reach, climb carry and lift for carrying periods. Requires continuous and repetitive arm-hand-eye movement
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Landscape: 2 years (Preferred)
- Spectrum: 1 year (Preferred)