About the Job
We are currently seeking a Senior Salesforce Developer for Nexant’s Software team at our office in Madison, WI. This is a great leadership opportunity for someone that ones to make a mark in the company as an SME on SalesForce! This position will work on a wide range of software products that fundamentally changes how utilities manage business processes and customer initiatives for energy efficiency, renewable energy, demand response, and water conservation. We are looking for candidates who want to work on things that make an impact on the world and are passionate about product craftsmanship.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing enhancements to the Salesforce platform, providing technical support for integrated applications as well as maintaining requirements
- UI design and development
- Client-side programming
- Server-side services and control
- Data structures, algorithms, web services (REST and SOAP)
- Integration Interfaces and ETL
- Build and Release Infrastructure
- A minimum of 4 years of technical experience with Salesforce
- Building applications using custom objects, approval processes, workflow rules, validation ruleformula fields, record types, page layouts, etc.
- Have knowledge in developing Apex classes, triggers, controllers, workflows, REST API Integration, and bulk load API.
- Knowledge in the design of custom objects, custom fields, custom formula fields, validation rules, custom reports, workflows and approval processes for automated alerts, field updates and email generation.
- Knowledge of creating roles, profiles, page layouts, workflow rules, and approval processes.
- Custom development using Aura, Lightning Design System (LDS), Lightning App Builder, communities customization
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing Lightning components and deploying to Lightning Communities
- Conforming to SLDS (Lightning Design System), architectural best practices, writing unit-tested and secure code.
- Optional certifications in Salesforce Admin Certified and Developer Certified.
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy future.
Nexant is a premier provider of technology enabled solutions to the Utility and Energy Industry focused on the next generation intelligent grid, distributed energy resources, and the digital customer experience. Operating from 20 offices around the world, the company's team of industry professionals has completed more than 5,000 engagements in over 70 countries. Nexant's clients include over 200 utility and software services customers. We work with over 300 chemical and petroleum majors, financial institutions, and Fortune 500 companies. Find out more at www.nexant.com.
Nexant supports clients through the following business units:
- Utility Software and Services: We deliver software-enabled strategy, consulting, and implementation services. Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications including iEnergy®, Grid360™, and iHedge®. Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings; ensure cost-effective program design, implementation, management, and evaluation; and promote customer engagement.
- Energy & Chemicals Advisory: We offer consulting services, subscriptions, and training. E&CA provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, and market and price forecasting.
- Government Services: We assist developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure, financing, and access to affordable electricity. We have worked in countries such as Kenya, Myanmar, India, Ethiopia, and many others.
Diversity & Sustainability at Nexant
At Nexant, diversity, equality, and inclusion matter. We have made a firm commitment to address diversity in every aspect of our business operations. We recognize that to be successful, it is vital to celebrate our differences, provide fair opportunity, and learn from one another.
The management of energy, water and other vital resources is in a pivotal moment in history. We believe we have an opportunity to empower sustainable activities as a business and as individuals.This belief is infused in our relationships with employees, clients, our supply chain, and the environment. We are proud of our sustainability achievements as a company and how our business aligns with the goal of a resourceful, responsible, and sustainable world. Nexant has been recording, reporting, and offsetting our North American office carbon emissions with The Climate Registry since 2008. Nexant is a member of EUISSCA, an alliance of US electric utilities and their suppliers that was formed to promote a robust and sustainable electric utility industry supply chain.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Lighting Design: 2 years (Preferred)
- Aura: 2 years (Preferred)
- Salesforce: 4 years (Preferred)
- Developing Apex Triggers: 3 years (Preferred)
- Salesforce.com Platform Developer (Preferred)
- Salesforce.com Certified Administrator (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- Yes: H-1B work authorization
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply