For over the last 25 years, our people have been the secret to our success. Menemsha provides award-winning architecture and interior design, facility survey and assessment, and a full array of general contracting services. Established in 1992, we have delivered thousands of successful projects to both private and public sector clients throughout North America and internationally. Menemshas reputation is built on innovation, technical excellence, and outstanding delivery. We cater to the retail, banking, restaurant, grocery, and convenience store industries. Some of our most recent clients include Citibank, Bank of America, Verizon Wireless, Z Gallerie, Lululemon, Crocs, Starbucks, McDonalds, Safeway, Wawa, Santander Bank, CVS Pharmacy, Kellwood, Darden, T-Mobile, etc.
Together we nurture an inclusive and collaborative culture that embraces new ideas and exciting new technologies. We empower each other to succeed. We celebrate our successes. We stand on great thinking, not on formality. And most importantly, we recognize each of us has passions outside of work too. Thats why we support our staff in all that they do. Menemsha is a great place to invest in your talent, to learn from others, and to grow. There is something special happening at Menemsha and we invite you to take a look for yourself. We look forward to saying hello.
The Project Manager is responsible for the management and oversight of construction activities, including -but not limited to-: budgeting, bid solicitation, project scope identification, procurement, field management, execution, and closeout. The Project Manager ensures the work is completed safely, within schedule and budget, and in a manner consistent with the company policies and procedures. The Project Manager will be responsible for the overall client satisfaction, profitability and success of their project workload. The Project manager is involved in all phases of the construction project from initial planning to completion/close-out.
The Project Manager is accountable for the development/ nurturing of client relationships maintaining and securing business opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Lead and direct the work of others under their direct supervision. Coordinate construction activities. Ensure construction project(s) are executed within schedule and budget and according to plans and specifications.
2. Prepare detailed scopes of work for subcontract documents; construction schedules utilizing MS Project, two week look-ahead schedules and weekly project reports for Client review.
3. Coordination with, GSS(s), Site Superintendent(s), subcontractors, property managers, client vendors, equipment and/or other entities: Building department, architect, engineers, etc...
4. Ensure accurate record keeping is maintained, daily written reporting (Daily Log, Photos, RFI's, and supporting documents). Provide timely feedback related to the schedule, areas of improvement and identify issues in collaboration with GSS / Site Superintendent.
5. Consistent and frequent communication (phone, email, in-person) with field management relative to the project status. Assists in outlining project plans, setting project goals, and evaluating performance against stated goals, (schedule, budget, quality).
6. Maintains relationships with client/owners, landlords, property management, vendors, architects, engineers, and all other pertinent parties involved/required for successful execution.
7. Communicates, coordinates, site deliveries and material receipts with field resources. Control use / cost of equipment.
8. Resolve problems/ conflict that occur on project site.
9. Negotiate pricing and scope with subcontractors. Works collaboratively with procurement group, as needed. Perform detailed review of plans and specifications, work with estimators and bid coordinators to manage, solicit and procure subcontractors and subcontractor estimates for new prospective and awarded construction projects.
10. Negotiate client proposals, change orders, and pricing models as required.
11. Prepare Client RFCS and RFC Logs, take responsibility for approvals from Client; project profitability and reporting to senior management through work in progress reviews meetings.
12. Review and respond to Client contracts, prepare plan sheet lists, exclusions lists, schedules and payment terms for attachment to Menemsha standard AIA contract.
12. Conduct site visits, as required, to ensure quality and safety standards are being maintained and improved.
13. Attend client site meetings. Project Kick-off, Project walk-thru, punch walks, etc...
1. Work collaboratively with Business Development on new client opportunities. Prepare and present, as required in client demonstrations, client sales meetings or trade shows. Provide support for client RFP responses, as required.
2. Act as primary client escalation point for existing client accounts. Renewed continued business relationship. Conduct site visits, client meetings, and represent Menemsha.
1. Ensure weekly safety meetings are conducted.
2. Identify and correct safety issues on project site visits.
3. Enforcement of safety policies.
1. Monitor field expenses across project(s) to ensure compliance with budgeted dollars. Identify and communicate changes effecting scope and/or costs associated.
2. Manage project site general condition costs.
3. WIP. Train and prepare for Monthly WIP meetings. Strong understanding of the project financials (Open Buyouts, projected cost (Under/Over). Costs to Complete.
Other Important Duties
1. Attend and participate in Program / Project Meetings - Conference calls to ensure schedule, budget, and quality outcome.
2. Knowledgeable in the contractual obligations, timelines, established for the construction projects under your supervision.
3. Work collectively with the bid solicitation / coordination and estimating efforts to ensure project awards and profitable results.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong technical and communication skills (written/verbal) is critical.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Project and Word.
- Organized, strong ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Client Service oriented.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Team Leader. Strong ability to manage, direct, motivates others.
- A "Do whatever it takes" attitude Self-Motivated.
General Superintendents, Site Superintendents, Construction Coordinator(s)
Education & Experience
Strong knowledge of the construction processes and procedures
BS OR equivalent related field experience.
3+ years of field experience in a supervisory capacity. 5+ years of construction management experience.
Some bending, stooping, grasping and prolonged sitting, prolonged length driving/air travel, as required.
Personal Protective Equipment
Safety Vest, Hard Hat, Work Boot
Fast paced environment. Field/Site office. Ability to travel required. Travel up to 50%+
Menemsha Solutions offers a comprehensive employee benefits package.
Paid Time Off & Holidays
Employee Perk Program
Menemsha provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.