This position drives New Product Development projects by leading cross functional teams through the NPD toll gate process. This includes generating and managing project documentation including detailed Gantt charts, functional and technical specifications, meeting minutes, bill of materials, qualification plans, etc. The Project engineer also leads the assigned engineering team and ensures proper and appropriate use of engineering tools as well as leading activities such as DFM, DFMEA, PFMEA, RCCM, etc. They lead cross functional project teams consisting of core team members from the designated functions (operations, product management, sales/marketing/customer experience, and supply chain). They report on project status and lead toll gate meetings with the senior leadership team.
- Manage projects for water treatment products using sound engineering principles from concept through production launch.
- Lead multi-discipline/multi-location project teams sometimes directing the work of others.
- Communicate with cross functional team members on a regular basis to ensure each function is empowered to complete tasks on time and to a high standard of quality
- Generate toll gate documents with supporting documentation for each of the main toll gate phases.
- Lead the evaluation of mechanical and electrical designs through design review tools such as DRBFM or DFMEA.
- Support the creation of manufacturing strategy through use of tools such as DFM and PFMEA.
- Manage project costs and schedules working within a Toll Gate Process.
- Prepare written and oral reports for internal and external customers as well as management.
- Interact with customers, suppliers, consultants and other industry professionals.
- Provide technical support to other departments regarding all aspects of product design and product performance.
- Schedule and drive regulatory certifications for new products (NSF, CE, UL, DVGW, etc.)
Qualifications, Skills, Competencies:
- B.S. in Engineering (ME or EE preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in product development and project management
- 5+ years of hands-on design experience
- Knowledge of electrical/mechanical product design and assembly
- Proven organizational and planning skills
- Solid understanding of design verification including statistics, failure analysis, FEA and predictive engineering
- Detail minded
- Strong documentation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to go the extra mile
- Knowledge of when to escalate problems or issues
- Ability to work independently and with others as a team
- Data-driven with a balance between data and intuition.
- Embraces test and learn approach to make informed business decisions
- Collaborative and able to build partnerships and ensures shared success
- Holds self and others accountable for results and not just tasks
Proficiency in the following or similar software applications:
Microsoft Office Outlook, Project, Word, Power Point and Excel
- Water treatment/filtration experience
- Experience with plastic part design
- Experience with injection processes
- Experience with mass produced products for the consumer market
- Knowledge of product regulatory requirements (NSF, WQA, UL, CE, etc.)
Minimal, 10% or less
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes