Manufacturing Documentation Specialist – growing company!
Lightning Systems, a growing company that designs and manufactures zero emission all-electric powertrains for commercial vehicles, is seeking a talented Manufacturing Documentation Specialist to join our team of outstanding professionals. Our products are meticulously and intelligently designed to deliver value to our customers and you will be an integral part of the process. This is your opportunity to work with like-minded, passionate, technical professionals dedicated to making a difference in the world. We are a team of 50 who are accustomed to wearing multiple hats, working collaboratively, and comfortable expressing ideas to a receptive management team. If you consider yourself an outgoing and approachable person who is adept at connecting with all levels of the organization, and have an interest in “green fleets” and technology, we want to hear from you.
More about us:
Our products include all-electric powertrains for the Ford 350HD Passenger Wagon and Cargo Van, Ford E450 Shuttle Bus and Cutaway models, Chevrolet 6500SD Low Cab Forward model, and 30, 35, and 40 foot transit buses. Our team works with commercial fleets to provide the right electric powertrain to align with their preferred vehicles and application. Lightning’s products improve a fleet’s operating costs and make sure they are driving the cleanest and most advanced technology available. Simply put, we have a commitment to environmental responsibility, exceptional quality and quiet, powerful performance. Our electric powertrains provide savings on fuel and fueling time, lower maintenance costs, dramatic reduction in brake wear, more vehicle uptime without emission testing or oil changes, significant savings on operating costs, and cleaner air.
Please visit www.lightningsystems.com to learn more!
About the position:
Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineer, this position is responsible for supporting the documentation and inspection processes for incoming parts, assisting engineers with change notices and issues on the production line, help with the creation of work instruction for new products and assist with quality audits. A qualified candidate for this position will have excellent communication and organizational skills, familiarity with automotive and mechanical field, and the drive and enthusiasm to work with a growing company in the electric vehicle industry!
Key accountabilities include:
- Support our quality group in the creation and implementation of inspection processes and documentation for incoming parts
- Gather inspection dimensions from engineering drawings
- Create go/no-go gauges for common weldments to reduce the time required for an inspection
- Work closely with the Quality manager to help determine required inspection rates
- Assist manufacturing engineer with processing engineering change notices
- Interpret ECNs from engineering and make the appropriate changes to the BOM (bill of materials) in the ERP (enterprise resource planning) system.
- Make and track changes to work orders for WIP (work in progress)
- Identify items in inventory requiring rework and coordinate re-work activities
- Creation of work instructions for new products
- Work with the production personnel to create effective work instructions
- Make modifications to existing work instructions to improve quality and productivity of the production line
- Work with document control to ensure that all documents are properly controlled, managed, distributed and updated
- Assist manufacturing engineer with issues on the production line
- Address questions from operators and create a solution to keep the production line moving forward
- Reference engineering documents to fill any voids of information on the production line and submit engineering change requests to engineering when a part is found to be missing or incorrect on the BOM
- Perform quality audits
- Audit the part picking process per work orders
- Audit final kit and vehicle assembly processes to ensure the vehicle is up to company standards
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in engineering or other technical discipline
- Experience in the automotive field
- Comprehensive knowledge of shop and automotive tools
- Excellent mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Good interpersonal communication skills, ability to effectively communicate in-person, over the phone, and in written formats
- Proactive, self-motivated, and independent worker; ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with safe driving record and ability to be covered under Lightning System’s insurance policy.
- Ability to read drawings, prints, schematics, and diagrams
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Must be proficient with computers (MS Office suite, basic networking, service tracking software)
- Excellent problem solving and creative thinking
- Highly organized and detail oriented
Physical demands and abilities
- Ability to lift 30-50 pounds
- Regularly perform repetitive tasks
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, crouch, climb, kneel, and twist
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- automotive: 2 years (Preferred)
- Please describe your mechanical and electrical aptitude as well as your ability to read drawings, prints, schematics and diagrams.