Norplas Industries Inc.
The Magna Exteriors portfolio of products includes access systems such as liftgates, exterior trim, modular systems, front-end modules including fascia, active aerodynamic systems and other lightweight structural components for automotive, commercial truck and other industrial markets.
Recognized globally as an innovator in all aspects of vehicle exteriors, Magna provides everything needed, from materials development and design through manufacturing and assembly, to help automakers create sleek, state-of-the-art vehicles across the world.
- Exhibit teamwork skills and actively participate in team activities in a positive working environment.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills in a work environment that is striving for continuous improvement.
- Follow Company policies and display conduct expected of Norplas employees as described in the employee handbook consistent with the Magna Employee Charter which are Job Security, A Safe and Healthful Workplace, Fair Treatment, Competitive Wages and Benefits, Employee Equity and Profit Participation, Communication and Information, Employee Relations Advisory Board and The Hotline.
- Adhere to all safety and health objectives, policies and procedures of Norplas to provide for a safe and healthful workplace.
- Work in a safe manner at all times and report any unsafe conditions to your supervisor in order that the situation can be corrected.
- Report all accidents and near misses in a timely manner when they occur.
- Must wear all appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), when required.
- Maintain proper ergonomics at all times when performing assigned tasks.
- Participate and support all lean, continuous improvement programs, initiatives and activities.
- Meet and maintain all customer quality standards as well as the standards of Norplas.
- Packaging Engineers develop packaging for plastic bumpers and components in an automotive environment. Fascias (plastic parts) are packaged generally in 1-Tier, 2-Tier-, 3-Tier, and 4-Tier steel racks with plastic corrugate and dunnage.
o Design bags to fit product to reduce handling damage.
o Design packaging utilizing software packages like AutoCAD and SolidWorks
o Responsible for determining appropriate fleet sizes and rack densities.
o Conduct cost analysis to determine necessary packages designs, ie. Returnable Packaging vs. Expendable Packaging.
o Identify Customer needs and expectations for the packaging of parts
o Create and develop prototype packaging that meets many manufacturing environments
o Identify and select sources for packaging. Obtain quotes & conduct cost analysis for feasibility
o Maintain an Open Issues List for packaging and implement effective action plans to addressing concerns
o Maintain Customer specifications for packaging and approval forms
- Engineering Degree, preferably in Packaging. 4 years work related experience with a strong Process/Product knowledge in conjunction with strong communication and team leadership skills may be substituted in lieu of degree. Additional Information
- Must be respected by peers.
- Ability to think “out of the box” with a high energy level.
- Must be results oriented with ability to drive change.
- Strong computer skills.
- Demonstrated group problem solving skills and facilitation skills.