The Engineer is responsible for the preparation of contract plans and specifications, often for several projects simultaneously. This encompasses advanced calculations, systems analysis, quality control of finished projects, and field/construction coordination activities. The Engineer reports to the Senior Vice President and/or the President of Engineering.
The essential functions of the Engineer are as follows:
- Supervises technical work of designers and engineers.
- Assigns tasks to designers, engineers, and/or CAD Specialists.
- Reviews all work completed by designers, engineers, and/or CAD Specialists.
- Writes specifications and ensures coordination of their preparation with other disciplines.
- Assists with marketing activities as assigned.
- Represents ASC with clients at design meetings as assigned.
- Assists with the preparation of project fee cost estimates.
- Processes contractor payment requisitions.
- Contacts utility authorities for confirmation of availability, coordination of service entry points, and confirming facilities required for obtaining service from the utility.
- Consults with local regulatory agencies for conformance of design standards.
- Coordinates project scheduling with Project Managers.
- Completes details and advanced calculations.
- Conducts system analysis and comparisons with regard to economical and functional considerations.
- Ensures coordination and review of shop drawings and field problem solutions, including preparing field reports and coordination of all elements.
- Is actively involved in professional and trade associations and societies.
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited four-year college or university required.
- Minimum of 5 years engineering experience required.
- PE certification required.
- LEED certification preferred
- Ability to operate a computer and the following software: standard Company CAD, word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database software required.
- Must have developed the following skills: job knowledge, communication, planning, teamwork, decision‐making, judgment and problem solving.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Allen & Shariff is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Allen & Shariff is a Design-Build-Manage company that provides Engineering, Construction, and Project Management services to clients worldwide. Allen & Shariff services include MEP Design ,\_ \Commissioning ,\_ \_General Contracting ,\_ \_Project Management , and Green & Energy Consulting . The skills of our people, our proven sub-consultants, and our commitment to quality service and client satisfaction make the Allen & Shariff team a valued and trusted partner._
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time