About Montana Instruments:
Montana Instruments Corporation designs and manufactures high precision, electrical, optical, and cryogenic systems for quantum materials research and the quantum computing, sensing and networking industries.
People -- Who We Are
At the end of the day, it's all about people -- our employees, their families, our community, & our customers.
Path -- How We Operate
Our 5 core values are: Hungry | Humble | Results-Driven | Courageous | Team-First
Passion -- Our Why
To accelerate discovery that benefits mankind.
Montana Instruments, a growing high-tech Company in Bozeman, Montana, is seeking a full-time electromechanical engineer/scientist to join our Product Development team. This position will be responsible for turning existing electromechanical devices and technology into products. Experience with piezoelectric elements and electromechanics is required. Experience with cryogenics is preferred.
- Own the design of new products based on existing electromechanical devices and technology
- Create mechanical design documents for parts, assemblies, and finished products
- Perform mechanical and electrical tests to verify device performance
- Develop production test systems and methods
- Work with manufacturing personnel to ensure successful transition of products into production
- BS in engineering or physics required, MS preferred
- 2+ years of experience developing new innovative products
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Highly proficient in SolidWorks, experience with FEA software required
- Understanding of GD&T and engineering drawings & documentation
- Understanding of manufacturing methods for metals, ceramics, and piezoelectric materials
- Experience using high voltage waveform generators
- Basic electrical engineering experience
- Experience with cryogenic motion preferred
Montana Instruments offers excellent benefits including medical, dental, visions, a 401(k), and PTO.
Please complete the application at https://form.jotform.com/200346940433146.
Job Type: Full-time
- related: 2 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible