Join an entrepreneurial team of dedicated engineering and technical services consultants that work to improve and strengthen America’s energy infrastructure. At LSC, we are committed to safeguarding the well-being of people and the environment without compromise in a fast-paced, high energy environment. LSC supports client projects ranging from pipeline construction to plant design, allowing our teams to gain a breadth of in-depth experience while making a positive impact in the exciting energy market. We want you to join our team and make an impact!
LAKE SUPERIOR CONSULTING is currently growing at a fast pace and as part of that growth, we are seeking to fill a key position as a Cadastral Survey Supervisor at our home office in Duluth, MN or one of our regional offices in Roseville, MN; Pittsburgh, PA or Houston, TX.
This person will provide direction to and supervise daily activities for cadastral survey project team consisting of field surveyors and data/CAD technicians. Perform field surveys including boundary, control, topographic and construction staking. Review and approve field collected data to prepare for client deliverables.
- Perform boundary/control surveying and mapping, research, horizontal and vertical control
- Conduct public record research • Advise and guide Land Surveyors in Training (LSIT) in preparation for licensure
- Writing descriptions for purchasing of right of way and easements, prepare and certify right of way and easement plats
- Maintain and operate instruments, measuring devices and other field equipment, coordinate equipment rental as needed.
- Prepares and/or authorizes proposals, project budgets, and client presentations
- Coordinate scheduling with local survey personnel and with other LSC offices as needed
- Support Civil Survey team with available field personnel if available
- Participate in developing monthly resource forecasting with project managers, including resource leveling activities with Supervisors to assist Project Management Office initiatives.
- Responsible for utilization of direct team with respect to company goals
- Review and approve weekly time and expense sheets, working with project managers and supervisors to ensure accuracy
- Conduct annual performance reviews for direct reports
- Ability to work extended hours to meet project and administrative requirements.
- Participate in hiring new employees.
- Professional Licensure for Land Surveying in at least one of the following states: Minnesota, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Iowa, North Dakota, Michigan, Kansas, or Missouri.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Land Surveying from an accredited college / university.
- 5 years of professional experience
- Strong knowledge of Public Land Survey System (PLSS) terminology and procedures, modern survey methods and survey devices (Trimble).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven computer skills: Trimble Business Center, Autodesk Civil 3D, ArcGIS, Microsoft Access, Excel and Outlook
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to dissect problems and quickly develop solutions
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Oil & gas pipeline or related industry experience a plus.
• Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Incentive compensation and bonus plans
- 401K/Profit Sharing (6% company match)
- Company paid life, AD&D, and short/long term disability •
Our Growth is Your Opportunity:
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays (twelve per year)
We are growing across all levels and functions and expanding our regional offices. This creates opportunity for our current employees to gain new skills and take advantage of promotional opportunities. We have opportunities for all levels of people from recent graduates and professionals to technicians, empowering you to grow personally and professionally. Whether you are a technician or an engineer, whatever your career aspirations, you will see the opportunity in front of you at LSC.
Make an immediate impact:
New employees can expect to be given responsibility and are expected to bring new ideas to the table almost immediately. Your ideas and contributions will be listened to, welcomed, and appreciated!
Work with industry leaders:
We are in the consulting business. This means we sell our knowledge to our clients. That said, we hire only the best. Our employees work alongside many subject matter experts and have the opportunity to learn and grow your own knowledge base by working alongside other high achievers.
Gain diverse well-rounded experiences:
Our engineering teams have the ability to work on diverse projects that are never the same. This means continuous learning and development of skills and increased knowledge base.
Promotion from within:
LSC has a culture that values our employees’ contributions and awards those who step up through promotional opportunities. Many of our employees have been able to assume leadership roles early in their careers through demonstrated hard work and dedication. Molding your own career path is a common theme amongst our team members.
We have a culture that supports playing to our peoples’ strengths and empowering them to make decisions. Our leadership values an entrepreneurial approach to achieving success, solving problems, and supporting our clients.
EEO Statement Lake Superior Consulting, LLC (LSC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. LSC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.