Active 911 (A911) is a leading innovator in creating technologies to help first responders save lives by getting to emergencies faster. Using a SaaS-based rapidly iterating subscription service, A911 provides location and incident details related from Computer Aided Dispatch Systems (CADS), to assist fire, rescue, police, and other first-responder/medical professionals to get to the scene of emergencies faster and with more accurate information on the scope of the incident. Active 911 was created by a firefighter with a vision to actively alert responding emergency personnel. Today, Active911 serves over 12,000 agencies with over 400,000 individual users.
About the Position
Active911 is looking for a talented in-house QA Engineer, with Engineer in Test experience, to help shape the future of Active911. The successful applicant will have strong software development skills and be willing to work on site in our Corvallis, Oregon office. Position will be building and modifying QA processes and procedures, developing the framework for a successful QA experience. Active911 is expecting to grow over the next few years, and we are looking for someone to grow with us. Specifically, you will be expected to:
- Maintain ongoing constructive engagement with staff to provide working knowledge of QA functions and to identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Create and execute test plans focused on reducing the number of escaped defects
- Build and maintain automated regression tests
- Strategically improve testing processes across all applications and services
- Interpret business requirements and validate developers have met them
- Ensure Quality System training, documentation, and support for quality, internal audits, and management review meets regulatory and internal specifications
- Create/Maintain Testing Reports & QA process documentation
- Monitor industry trends and emergent technologies
- Test apps across operating systems and devices
- Document, prioritize, and monitor issues clearly in JIRA – with examples, replication steps, and other information sufficient for an engineer to address – and track through issue lifecycle
- Advocate for Active911 clients, ensuring they have a great experience
- Work with development and account support teams in developing test workflow, including functional, integration, regression, UAT, and performance/stress testing
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or comparable work experience
- 4+ years of relevant experience in a full-time SaaS quality assurance testing role testing iOS apps, Android apps, and web applications
- Experience working with SaaS applications
- Experience working with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery for mobile apps
- Ability to solve problems, effectively communicate, and investigate, understand and document complex design and manufacturing process issues
- Strong knowledge of release management and estimation techniques
- Profound knowledge of testing techniques and product development lifecycle
- Certified Lead Auditor Training a plus
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills are required.
- 10% travel may be required
- Exemplify core values
Active911 is an equal opportunity, at-will employer, which complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sound interesting? Please submit your résumé and cover letter explaining how your background, education, and experience have made you a match for this position and our company. Applications without both will not be considered. After you submit your two documents, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with a link to a short test. Please complete the test to complete your application.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $6,800.00 to $10,800.00 /month
- Quality Assurance: 4 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave