- Permanent Full-Time
The RM of Edenwold is a municipality located just east of the City of Regina. It is home to nearly 5,000 residents and over 200 businesses. Emerald Park and the Great Plains Industrial Park form part of the RM of Edenwold along with over 20 other residential and commercial subdivisions. There are four major highways that intersect in the municipality including the No. 1 Highway and a segment of the new Regina Bypass. The RM of Edenwold is home to a wide range of land uses associated with both rural and urban environments. The diversity in the municipality presents unique and interesting challenges. We believe this is an opportunity for you to work for an exceptional organization with great people.
The RM of Edenwold is accepting applications for the position of Full-Time Engineering Manager. Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer (COO), the Engineer and Public Works Manager will play a key role in ensuring that key projects and engineering duties are fulfilled and supervising the activities of various areas in the public works scope of work.
-Conduct initial engineering studies for projects and operations
- Assign tasks to public works foreman and senior operators
- Gauge progress of various projects
- Communicate effectively with customers
- Collaborate with the consultants and contractors to ensure high projects and operations performance
- Propose budgets for various projects
- Create reports to give updates on projects
- Establish roadmap and strategic plan for all utilities (roads, water treatment, waste water systems, street lights, etc.)
- Sponsor preventative maintenance programs
- Develop and document development standards manual and developers guide
- Implement tools and systems to manage the utilities (e.g. manage third party services from outside vendors and service providers to complete projects and/or maintain operation)
- Review and approve procurement documents, requests for proposals, and invitations for bids
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (Civil or Mechanical)
- Should have 5-10 years of experience working in engineering. MBA or Master’s in engineering would be considered an asset
- P. Eng. APGES designation is strong advantage
- Strong analytical and math skills
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with many other teams and third party service providers
- Ability to create a set of qualifications for new projects
- Interpersonal skills to manage a team on engineers
- Ability to give constructive criticism
- Ability to make decisions quickly
- Valid Saskatchewan driver’s license (or equivalent)
SALARY & BENEFITS
- The RM of Edenwold offers a competitive salary and benefit package based on education, qualifications and relevant experience.
- Determination of salary will be based on proven years of experience.
To learn more about the RM of Edenwold No. 158, please visit www.rmedenwold.ca.
Qualified candidates for the position should apply by submitting their resume and cover letter to Sameh Nashed, Chief Operations Officer at the RM Municipal Office by:
RM of Edenwold No. 158
100 Hutchence Road
Emerald Park SK S4L 1C6
Applications will be accepted until 5:00 PM on Friday, August 13, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: 2021-08-13
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $100,000.00-$140,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Bachelor's Degree (required)