Business Group Highlights
The Defense group supports the Department of Defense (DoD) mission to keep our homeland and its citizens safe. We provide solutions to improve the Nation's defense by providing software, systems engineering, IT, training and logistics and fleet management solutions.
Perspecta is seeking a Chief Engineer for the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) Cheyenne Mountain Complex (NCMC) - Integrated Tactical Warning/Attack Assessment (NCMC-ITW/AA) and Space Support Contract II (NISSC II). The Chief Engineer is ultimately responsible for all engineering aspects of NISSC II including system engineering, integration planning, and test engineering. The Chief Engineer will be responsible for the quality of Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability (RAM) performance, Risk Management plans, system safety, environmental and infrastructure systems, Program Protection planning, and engineering studies. The Chief Engineer will oversee Requirements Analysis and Configuration Management, Design Reviews, and Development, Integration, and Test Capability, and External Interface Impact Assessments.
- Plan, coordinate, and direct the technical personnel involved in providing engineering services in fulfillment of the contract
- Provide guidance and subject matter expertise for system designs, development, test, deployment, and sustainment
- Provide technical leadership to support technical planning, integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness for the NISSC II systems
- Manage and control schedules and cost to provide on time, within budget, performance of engineering aspects of the contractual effort
- Develop Engineering Change Proposals and Rough Order of Magnitude cost estimate
- Manage multiple teams led by subordinate managers and/or supervisors, including subcontractor personnel
- Present Engineering content at all Milestone Reviews
- Interface with senior Government personnel, technical and non-technical staff, subcontractors, and support personnel
- Support process improvement and innovation
- Master's degree in engineering, science, business, or related field with 15+ years of relevant management experience or Doctorate degree with 13+ years of relevant management experience of technical staff on a highly complex technical program.
- 5+ years of recent experience as a Lead Engineer on large (over $150M total value) DoD programs encompassing multiple geographically dispersed locations.
- Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization and meeting with stakeholders to formulate, review, and execute task plans and deliverable items.
- Experience presenting briefings to senior customer management, customer stakeholders, and company management.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Active DoD TS/SCI clearance.
- Advanced degree in engineering, science, business, or related field.
- Prior Air Force Space Command, Air Force Life Cycle Management Command, Electronic Systems Center experience or similar experience with the Space Surveillance mission area.
- Experience with ITIL service desk implementation and monitoring
- Experience with Agile and DevOps processes
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector—from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple:
never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)