MJ Structures is a small, structural engineering consulting firm that works on large sized to small commercial and institutional buildings and large custom residential buildings. We engage ourselves on a variety of project types and adapt structural solutions to suit the economic, aesthetic and environmental demands of the project. Building types vary and include new ground-up construction projects and remodel and additions to existing facilities. We enjoy our collaborative approach we have nurtured with leading architects and the creative framing solutions that are often developed.
Duties would vary dependent on individual specific background and level of experience but would include:
- Analysis of framing members and systems in steel, concrete, masonry, wood and occasionally others and using various computer analysis software tools.
- Layout plans, schedules and details for BIM staff to draft.
- Meet with design team members and clients periodically.
- Perform project visits for site observations, review submittals and transfer submittal comments.
- Work with and assist senior engineers on projects when needed.
- Work with and assist BIM staff with interfacing BIM frame models with structural analysis tools
- Miscellaneous office administrative tasks
We are seeking an energetic candidate with experience in some or all of the following:
- Commercial and institutional buildings
- Performing analysis using any of the reputable building frame analysis software programs
- Preparing details for steel, concrete, and wood framed buildings.
- Being organized, motivated, a team player, deadline oriented, willingness to learn and being professional are all important to us.
Required experience and education:
- 1 to 4 years experience with a structural engineering design or consulting firm.
- Masters degree in Structural Engineering (Civil or Architectural Engineering)
Please respond to this posting with a current resume and describe your career goals.
Job Type: Full-time
- Structural Engineering analysis and design: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes