Research and Development Engineer
Emhart Glass is looking for an engineer to expand our technological leadership in the glass container industry in the fields of automation; servo controlled machinery; robotics; and data analytics with closed loop control of the glass forming process. The successful candidate’s responsibilities and tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Participating in the design, development, and qualification of new products.
- Specifying electronic, electrical, mechanical, and/or system components.
- Creating engineering documentation, for example, test plans, test reports, operation manuals, etc.
- Conducting test experiments on the glass container production process to improve or create new products and technologies.
- Collecting and analyzing data from pyrometers, thermocouples, infrared cameras, data loggers, and sensors.
- Conducting systems tests and/or product evaluations
- Providing technical assistance and support.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent and a minimum of 2 years related experience and/or training is required. A Master’s Degree will be accepted in lieu of the 2 years of related experience. The ideal candidate will have a solid knowledge of test instrumentation equipment such as infrared cameras, high speed cameras, thermocouples, data loggers, sensors (pressure, air flow, velocity, force), and servo controls. Strong analytical and data analysis skills and knowledge of computers and interfacing to systems to collect data is required. Glass industry experience is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Windsor, CT 06095: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location