SHINE is immediately seeking a Procurement Specialist/Engineer to support the Procurement Department in solicitation of vendor services, equipment, and material, developing and approving procedures for Procurement, developing procurement specifications, Contract discussions, Quality requirements and other functions as needed. The Procurement Engineer position will support the day to day procurement activities of the Construction team and the build-out of the Shine production facility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Initiate, coordinate and deliver the procurement of professional services, contractor services, equipment, and material to support Shine activities
- Review and understand the regulatory requirements for specific procurement tasks
- Develop and coordinate approval of clear and concise written procedures in compliance with regulatory requirements (NRC, DOE, etc.)
- Obtain final procurement approvals by following the required procedures
- Assist all departments as instructed by Procurement Manager or designee, including leading cross-functional teams to assure efficient sourcing, selection and receiving of essential products and services
- Create, track, and/or expedite the submission of all related procurement documents.
- Assist construction project managers in identifying long lead items, contracting with contractors, maintaining schedule, and expediting related procurement administrative functions to efficiently advance construction efforts
- Assist in resolving construction problems/issues as well as the change management process with construction related vendors
- Work with all divisions of the company to support day to day procurement activities required to complete the production facility and establish commercial operation
- Understand the technical requirements of the Shine project to ensure the procurement documents are complete
- Prepare weekly project schedule report and updates for Procurement Manager
Requirements for External Candidates:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science or other technical field preferred
- Preferred minimum five (5) years’ experience in procurement management within the construction industry (e.g., vendor work, planning, managing contracts, scheduling, cost control, etc.) or construction management
- Knowledge of the Windows operating system and Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work in a team environment and to take directions as well as think independently to act proactively and solve problems
A pre-employment drug test and a criminal background check may be required. In addition, eligibility for employment may be conditioned on the applicant's ability to qualify for access to information classified under the Atomic Energy Act or subject to U.S. Export Controls.
Job Type: Full-time