Newport News Shipbuilding (NNS) is seeking an Operations Research Engineer to lead and support efforts to help navigate our company through a comprehensive Digital transformation. The candidate selected for this position will have the opportunity to:
- Formalize and integrate NNS business processes to enable a structured and dynamic approach toward initiative selection, prioritization, and execution.
- Provide a holistic and shared understanding of NNS business operations, identifying the connections and dependencies that are critical in unifying operations and increasing efficiency and productivity.
- Identify and associate Key Performance Indicators with processes to enable analysis and prediction of performance.
- Apply rational, systematic, science-based techniques, in conjunction with the artifacts referenced above, to inform, structure, and improve decision-making capabilities.
- Diagramming operations and the flow of information through and across operations and processes
- Developing mathematical process models based on operational diagrams
- Leveraging process models to provide data-driven analysis of our business processes
- Establishing Key Performance Indicators to measure and monitor process change
- Analyze changes in business operations and processes based on their impact to processes, tools, information, and applications
Analyzes actual and predictable interacting operational activities of business to obtain a quantitative, rational basis for decision making through the application of logic and scientific or economic disciplines and techniques.
Devises modeling and measuring techniques; utilizes mathematics, statistical methods, engineering methods, operational mathematics techniques (linear programming, game theory, probability theory, symbolic language, etc.), and other principles and laws of scientific and economic disciplines.
Proc Stand & Integ
US Citizenship Required for this Position
Relocation assistance will be available
Yes, up to 10% of the time
5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio. MS Project and SharePoint a plus
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to
influence others and move towards consensus
- Strong project management skills
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Mission Driven Innovative Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs more than 40,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled Welcome. U.S. citizenship required for most positions.