Triple Crown Construction is a licensed General Contractor that has specialized in hotel and hospitality renovation projects and expanding into local general construction projects. Since 1991, Triple Crown has partnered with highly regarded hotel brands across the United States. The Company has demonstrated expertise in renovations of Guest Rooms, Public Spaces, Food Service and Meeting Spaces in Select Service, Full Service, Boutique Hotels, and Resorts.
We are looking for an energetic and hardworking Senior Estimator who is willing to learn and actively participate in all projects. The ideal candidate must have experience reading and understanding drawings and specifications, managing multiple estimates through all phases, and delivering completed proposal packages on time.
The Senior Estimator is the manager responsible for the overall project estimate while providing leadership, management, training, and mentoring for their team. This position works with clients, architects/engineers, subcontractors/suppliers to plan cost factors for projects; analyzes construction documents, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for projects.
The Senior Estimator will have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, good communication skills, and be organized, efficient and responsive to the needs of internal and external clients alike.
This position will report to the Construction Operations Manager and will have responsibility for the oversight and management of all estimating activities and team members. This position requires coordination with the Project Teams through all phases of the estimating process.
- Work with the Business Development Team to locate and track bid opportunities in CRM software and databases
- Scrutinize bid documents and drawings
- Manage and track multiple projects
- Identify existing and/or potential problems and omissions
- Attend pre-bid meetings
- Prepare for bid meetings
- Manage all aspects of the estimating department
- Create estimates and bids for projects
- Create, distribute and monitor RFI‘s through completion in construction management software
- Review design documents for proper information to receive accurate pricing from subcontractors and suppliers, generate acceptable value engineering ideas, and prepare life-cycle costing
- Research trade specifications
- Negotiate with subcontractors and materials/supplier vendors
- Determine the labor and materials needed to complete a job
- Prepare quantity take-offs and estimates for cost of materials, labor and use of equipment required to fulfill all provisions of the project drawings and specifications
- Ensure sufficient subcontractor and materials/supplier coverage for each bid
- Review estimates and revisions for completeness and accuracy
- Prepare general conditions and review with the Project Team
- Create schedule of values, phasing plans, and project schedule
- Plan work in occupied spaces
- Assemble completed Bid Proposal in the required format
- Ensure delivery of all completed proposal packages on time
- Collaborate with the Project Team on all projects through all phases of the estimating process
- Maintain and prepare the weekly bid calendar to ensure timely completion of estimates
- Track bid results for all projects
- Supervise, train, and mentor estimators assigned to assist in the preparation of estimates and bids.
- Assure that the estimating team acts with integrity and employs ethical behavior during all stages of the estimating process and follows the Triple Crown Way
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
- Highly proficient in understanding drawings and specifications and other construction-related documents
- Able to understand bid instructions
- Able to follow a detailed process
- Able to work with Construction Management software
- Able to work with Customer Relationship Management software
- Can understand trade specifications
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills and highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Procore
- Demonstrates strong work ethic and tenaciousness
- Strong problem solving, organizational, follow-through, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Must be able to work in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Must have a degree in Construction Management, Civil or Architectural Engineering or equivalent field experience
- Must have experience managing an estimating team
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of active experience as an estimator
- Estimators assigned to their project team