Embedded Developer Position Description
We are looking for a motivated Embedded Developer to provide program support to the U.S. Army Research Lab (ARL) Radio Frequency (RF) Electronic Warfare Branch at Adelphi, MD. We are looking for a highly motivated, resourceful person passionate about impacting national security in a fast-paced technical environment.
- Develop software for embedded systems using ARM (A9 and A53) based processors particularly within Xilinx Microblaze, Zynq 7000 and/or Zynq Ultrascale architectures
- Develop and test C/C++ code for embedded system in either a bare metal environment (no-OS) or in an ARM based embedded Linux (ie. Petalinux).
- Write device drivers for a number of peripherals (i.e. SD card, Ethernet)
- Deliver detailed functional and design specifications for the software
- Perform peer code reviews as part of everyday workflow
- Propose and execute prototype projects that introduce an innovative solution to new or existing problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science with
- 3+ years of Embedded Software Development experience
- Knowledge of industry’s best practices in embedded software design
- Strong understanding of C/C++ software development, IDE development tools
- Expertise with ARM processor development
- Demonstrated project success in multi-threaded and multi-core, embedded programming environments
- Working knowledge of Bash, Python, MATLAB and Java
- Candidates should be familiar with standard lab equipment (oscilloscopes, signal generator, logic analyzer, power supplies etc.)
- Development Proficiency using UARTs, DMA. GPIOs, SPI, I2C, etc.
- US Citizenship
- Expertise with working under Windows and Linux environment
- Must be able to obtain a secret clearance
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
- This position requires a highly motivated individual that can succeed in a team environment
Desired Qualifications are:
- Desire to contribute to research and development programs focused on RF Sensor Systems Interface and Signal Analysis and Processing
- MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science with 4+ years of experience
- DSP experience and FPGA experience
- Familiarity with microcontrollers and other programmable devices
- Experience in writing Linux Drivers
- Previous Petalinux development experience
- Experience in RF, communications, and/or Electronic Warfare R&D
- Department of Defense Secret clearance
The selected candidate will be a contract employee of General Technical Services LLC (GTS). US citizenship is required (security clearance). There may be occasional travel. GTS offers company-funded educational support for job-related training. Other benefits include ten (federal) holidays, a co-funded medical plan, fifteen days of personal time, and a 401(k) investment package.
Salary is industry-competitive and commensurate with experience and expertise.
Background: Located in Adelphi, MD, the U.S. Army Research Laboratory's (ARL) Sensors and Electron Devices Directorate (SEDD) is the principal Army organization for research and development in sensors and electron devices (see http://www.arl.army.mil/www/default.cfm?page=231 for more information.). SEDD conducts innovative research to provide the Army with affordable enabling technology in electro-optic smart sensors, MEMS, multifunction radio-frequency systems, autonomous sensing, power generation and management, and RF and thermal signature management. SEDD coordinates technologies within the Army, other services and their laboratories, industry, and academia to leverage basic and applied research opportunities for the benefit of the Army. See http://www.arl.army.mil/www/default.cfm?page=32 for more information. The SEMASC Research Facility is a state–of-the-art Semiconductor, Nanotechnology and Microelectromechanical Systems processing facility dedicated to the development of next generation sensor materials and technologies. See http://www.arl.army.mil/www/default.cfm?page=428 for more information.
To accomplish its mission SEDD utilizes several unique facilities, most notably the Zahl
Physical Science Laboratory, a 349,000 GSF state-of-the-art electronics R&D facility. This building has a 15,000 GSF class 10 and class 100 cleanroom, dry room, high energy laser facilities, bio-inspired sensor laboratories and other research & development infrastructure.
Submit a resume that highlights your qualifications for this specific position to:
General Technical Services LLC
Job Type: Full-time
- Embedded Software Development: 3 years (Preferred)
- US Citizenship (Required)