The Field Service Engineer is responsible for administering preventative maintenance (PM) and troubleshooting, calibrating and performing electrical safety tests (EST) on automated microbiology and molecular equipment the FSE will reside in or around Riverside, CA with required travel to the rest of the United States to be expected. The ideal candidate is involved in all areas of microbiology/molecular equipment technology, including monitoring work order requests, completing repairs, new equipment inspections and installations, PM’s, EST, inventory management, and documenting all service activities.
Essential Job Functions
· Perform tasks associated with the installation, maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, and assembly of automated microbiology equipment involving basic knowledge and abilities associated with the electronics, robotics, and mechanical processes.
· Achieves performance measures associated with the maintenance of equipment, productivity, customer satisfaction, and other performance standards.
· Complete all necessary documentation of activities involving the servicing of equipment in accordance with the manufacturer requirements.
· Serves as a resource for the proper operation, and maintenance of equipment.
· Instructs instrument operators in proper equipment use.
· Adheres to the highest level of customer service, while managing customer requests with diplomacy.
· Willingness to travel 60-70%
Desired Skills and Experience
· Associate’s degree in Biomedical Equipment Technology, Industrial, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or minimum 2-3 years equivalent formal related training required.
· Must reside in or around Riverside, CA
· Must be reliable and able to work independently with limited supervision.
· Excellent customer service expertise with outstanding communication skills.
· Willingness and ability to be on call 24/7.
· Comfortable working in clinical environments with infectious agents and bio-hazards.
· Computer literacy and ability to read instrument schematics required.
- Must be able to sit for long periods on airplane or in an auto to reach job destinations.
- Must be able to have manual dexterity to operate equipment and tools required on the job.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to occasionally crouch, kneel, and/or duck into tight spaces of the equipment.
Job Time: Full-time Ability to Travel: 60-70% Experience Level: Entry Level
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan