Integrity Integration Resources (I2R) was founded over 35 years ago and is a systems integration company that partners with manufacturing firms to develop and implement automation solutions to increase production, improve quality and reduce costs. Our customers are extremely diverse and spread all over North America (and a few internationally). Our customers make roofing shingles, fry potato chips, roast coffee, process poultry and beef, distill water, bottle apple juice, and ship all over the world.
I2R is committed to delivering quality solutions that we stand behind through service and support. Our vision is to positively impact the lives of others. We are a fun, friendly company with a strong family atmosphere and 12 core principles that guide us at every step in our success. Our culture is firmly rooted in the values of honesty, integrity, commitment and reliability. To learn more about I2R, please visit us at www.i2r.com.
As a Controls Engineer, you will work on automation programming for customers in all types of industries, with a focus PLC and HMI programming. This position will be involved in installation of automation hardware and software, I/O checkout, commissioning and release, working as a valuable team member to design and implement automation software.
This position will be located in Plano, TX and will require about 35% travel, including possible international.
- Manage and develop project deliverables independently or within a team
- Assist in the design of control systems (I/O and Motor lists, P&IDs, etc.)
- Create Functional Requirements Specification documents with the corresponding FAT and SAT plans
- Completes tasks on schedule
- Perform on-site startup, commissioning, validate and support
- Demonstrate strong communication with colleagues, management and customers
- Provide technical competence during project execution
- Requires only periodic direction from the Project Manager
- Complies with the rules, procedures and policies as delivered by the organization
- Get the appropriate colleague, manager or customer involved to resolve issues early on in the development process
- Identify changes in scope and notify Project Manager in a timely manner
- Develop approaches to solve problems, handle customer demands, changes and complaints
- Guide less experienced employees technically
- Contribute a broad technical competence to the team, along with superior communication, correspondence, and mediation skills
- Assist in managing project’s resources, schedule, budget and scope
- Provides input and resolves issues during the Estimating and Fabrication processes
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent Automation experience
- 5+ Years of Experience with Industrial Automation
- Multiple Major Automation Provider Certifications or Professional Engineer
- Knowledge of OSHA
- NEC / UL 508A
- Must be able to navigate up/down stairs, climb on ladders and crawl in confine areas following safety guidelines
- PLC/HMI - RS Studio 5000 / ControlLogix, FactoryTalk ME/PanelView, FactoryTalk SE, Wonderware Intouch, Wonderware ArchestrA System Platform, Inductive Automation Ignition
- Drives/VFDs - PowerFlex VFD, Kinetix Servo Drives
- Networks - Ethernet: EtherNet/IP, DLR, STRATIX, CISCO Switches; ControlNet, DeviceNet, RIO, DF1, Modbus
- Software/Database - C++, C#, .NET, Java, SQL, Oracle
Are you interested in working for I2R? You can apply to work with us using this online application or through our website. Attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process.
Become part of our team. We look forward to your resume!
Job Type: Full-time
- Industrial Automation: 1 year (Preferred)
- SQL, Oracle: 1 year (Preferred)
- Inductive Automation Ignition: 1 year (Preferred)
- C++, C#, .NET, Java: 1 year (Preferred)
- EtherNet/IP, DLR, STRATIX, CISCO: 1 year (Preferred)
- Wonderware ArchestrA System Platform: 1 year (Preferred)
- ControlNet, DeviceNet, RIO, DF1, Mo: 1 year (Preferred)
- Factory Talk: 1 year (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)