We are a growing Tier 1 automotive accessories manufacturer searching for an experienced senior-level design engineer to assist in product design & testing and the implementation of new manufacturing processes at our facility in Ormond Beach, Florida. Our office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. Please apply with resume and cover letter, no phone calls. NO RECRUITERS PLEASE.
- Responsible for mechanical design of products, systems, and/or processes
- Support designs with testing, analysis, and calculations
- Generate engineering documentation, technical reports, and proposals; keep accurate and complete records of engineering activities.
- Assist with quotation of new products and bill of material (BOM) development
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members in the engineering and production departments to develop and refine processes and designs
- Collaborate with quality team to maintain engineering changes and quality standards & specification
- Provide 2D and 3D mechanical drawings
- Establish and maintain work instructions, customer installation instructions, and process flow documentation
- Rapid prototyping of tooling necessary for development of products utilizing processes such as thermoforming, injection molding, machining, printing, 3D printing, etc.
- Design & fabricate alignment and check fixtures for production and quality control
- Provide root cause analysis for mechanical engineering design issues and recommend corrective and preventive actions
- May provide training or direction to technicians and/or junior-level engineers
- May provide communications and/or presentations to customers, suppliers or vendors
- Assist in design of manufacturing processes/workflows for multiple product lines
- Evaluate the manufacturability of new products
- Work to resolve issues, improve quality, and improve material yield/reduce waste
- Identify cost reduction and continuous improvement opportunities
- Coordinate plant layouts, machine installation, and start-up processes
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university
- A minimum of five years of design engineering experience, preferably in a manufacturing setting
- An understanding of the design and development of plastic and/or lighting components
- Experience working with customers and understanding customer needs and objectives
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Experience working with methodologies such as Lean Six Sigma, Kaizen, Pareto Principle/analysis, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required, fluent in English
- Proficient in CAD 2D and 3D design using AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Must be very detail oriented with strong planning and organization skills – able to drive assignments to completion and effectively manage a project
- Must be action-oriented, safety-minded, adaptable, and work well under pressure
- Authorized to work in the United States
Desirable Skills (not required to have all of these, but our preferred candidates will possess at least some of the items on this list – they are listed in order of our preference):
- Experience in the automotive industry is highly desired
- Supervisory and/or project management experience is highly desired
- Injection molding experience is highly desired
- Experience with PFMEA, DFMEA, DVPR, and additional OEM/Tier 1 documentation requirements
- Experience with reverse engineering
- Electrical engineering experience
- Experience working in an ISO certified environment
- Fabrication skills such as CNC router cutting, thermoforming, urethane doming, automotive painting, TIG welding, injection molding, etc.
- Experience with Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator, or similar
Maxton Group offers a comprehensive benefits package including health/dental/vision coverage, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k) plan with company matching, and more.
Job Type: Full-time
- Engineering: 5 years (Required)
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift