- Demonstrates knowledge of the firm’s values and standards for project delivery and client management.
- Demonstrates the skills required for effective team contributions to the firm’s success.
- Current water/wastewater experience of 24 – 48 months after graduation.
- Currently holds Engineering Licensure or is actively working on Engineering Licensure.
- Builds on technical foundations of water/wastewater project design, including treatment plants, intakes, pipelines and pump/lift stations, with expectation to make significant contributions to the team efforts for the benefit of the client.
- Prepare reports, plans, construction schedules, and studies as assigned.
- Provide technical design for water/wastewater treatment projects and technical support to the design team to ensure efficiency, quality, and performance to fulfill project requirements.
- Deliver engineering calculations, project coordination, write engineering specifications, establish appropriate design methods, report preparation and coordination, equipment sizing and selection while working directly with clients.
- Ability to apply technical skills to routine water/wastewater projects with minimal supervision.
- Can direct technicians for production of engineering documents for routine water/wastewater projects accurately and efficiently.
- Demonstrated proficiency with AutoCAD, Microsoft Suite, and other design software.
- Visit construction sites to observe progress and to determine general conformance to engineering plans and specifications.
- Executes cross discipline checks and coordination.
- Reviews complete project documents for conformity and quality assurance.
- Recognizes and reports risk management issues to Project Engineer as appropriate.
- CLIENT AND CUSTOMER FOCUS
- Assist in learning the needs of assigned clients.
- Drive satisfaction of clients through quality work and on-time / on-budget delivery.
- Understand the profession’s ethical obligation to Client and the public welfare.
- Assist with reviewing and defining scope of work issues with Consultants and Contractors.
- Provide planning and design services for water/wastewater utilities.
- TEAM ORIENTATION
- Work across disciplines and office locations to fully utilize firm experiential knowledge.
- Lead multidisciplinary teams to provide studies and reports.
- Assist others with technical mentoring.
- Recognize the role as a team player.
- COMPANY PERSPECTIVE
- Represent the firm in all aspects of projects and assignments to prospective employees, clients, and the communities we serve.
- Reinforce GMC standards and Core Values to others.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries from Clients or regulatory agencies.
- Prepare reports and technical memorandums with oversight and supervision by the Engineer-of-Record.
- Ability to effectively present information in oral and written format.
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
- May direct or coordinate the work of technicians and others who assist in specific assignments.
- Continually participate in Individual Development planning and programs.
- Provides input to improving project delivery processes and standards.
- Coordinate with leadership on staffing and workload through entire project development to complete documents on schedule.
- Contributes to Client Services team.
- Actively participate in local professional society.
- Participate in community service activities and understand implications of involvement.
- Minimum of 2 years of post-graduation professional experience with municipal or industrial water/wastewater systems
- Working knowledge of technical specifications
- Modeling software
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION
- Foundations of Engineering Certificate or Professional Engineer
- FIELD (20%) AND OFFICE (80%)
- This position requires work to be performed in an office environment and in the field. Work done in the field may consist of exposure to various types of weather and temperatures. Engineers may also be exposed to pollutants, chemicals, insects, and possibly water-borne pathogens, Employees are required to wear appropriate protective clothing and gear when performing fieldwork.
- Engineers will be expected to travel to various work sites to perform fieldwork. Company cars and/or rental vehicles shall be utilized to travel between work sites.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Greenville, SC 29601: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: One location