Nelson & District Community Complex
LOCAL PROGRAMMER -
The Local Programmer must possess a high level of
NELSON creativity and innovation to create safe, fun, inclusive, and
accessible programming that meets the needs of
Full-Time, Benefited individuals and the community.
Term (Approx. 1 year with
possibility of extension) The Local Programmer typically oversees the camp and
paddle rental centre (PRC) teams; however, responsibilities
Under the general supervisor of the Recreation can change based on community and/or operational needs.
Services Supervisor, the Local Programmer is a It is their responsibility to provide the staff with support
member of the Leadership Team of the Nelson & and guidance to ensure a workplace environment that
District Community Complex (NDCC).
supports open communication, creative thinking and a
cohesive team approach.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Minimum 1 year of experience in a supervisory
- Demonstrated success, developing, organizing and capacity
implementing a variety of recreation based programs High Five, Principles of Healthy Child Development
and activities Certificate
- Demonstrated ability to lead, instruct, coach and Standard First Aid, CPR-level C, AED
motivate staff Pleasure Craft Operators License (can be obtained
- Knowledge of Federal and Provincial boating after hire)
regulations and requirements Experience with Recreation Software including
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute small and registration, bookings and admin functions an asset.
large scale events for all ages as well as specific
interest groups This position starts at $30.28/hour based on experience &
- Demonstrated ability to monitor and maintain budgets qualifications. This is a full-time, benefited position of
- Strong commitment to workplace and public health approximately 1 year with possibility of extension.
and safety and risk management Benefits include extended health & dental and life
REQUIRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
This posting along with a detailed job description can be
- Diploma in Recreation Administration or acceptable found on our website at www.rdck.ca/jobs.
equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three years of experience in recreation. Experience Applications will be accepted until 9:00 am July 15, 2022.
working in a day camp setting considered an asset. To apply please complete our online application which
can be found here: