DuPont’s Transportation and Industrial (T&I) is looking for a highly motivated individual to drive application development in the textile industry for our business. The Application Development Engineer will be responsible for developing and commercializing new applications using DuPont’s T&I products in the fiber & textile market spaces by working externally with customers & partners and internally with commercial, marketing and technology teams to deliver new innovative and value-added solutions.
- Translate T&I material solutions and technology into win-win growth for DuPont and our customers
- Develop and coordinate process development and testing with partners to build value proposition of T&I products in fibers, yarn & fabric forms.
- Responsible for scouting and identifying new growth opportunities with new and existing customers to build a healthy application development pipeline
- Segment, target and influence key decision makers in the targeted industry value chain to drive rapid extension of successful applications
- Build in-depth knowledge of both in-kind and not-in-kind solutions to anticipate trends and changes to our value proposition.
- Ability to articulate the comparative advantages of T&I materials and build a solid value proposition for our products
- Perform preliminary evaluations on select new technologies, market applications or market segments.
- Integration with global sales, product application development and marketing teams to ensure customer coordination and alignment as well as sharing experience and knowledge
Academic technical education – BS with 15 years, MS with 10 years or PhD with 5 years of experience in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Textile, Materials Science or related field.
- Proven track record of development and commercialization of new textile products that meet or exceed customer needs
- Customer Facing – Track record of building strong relationships with customers, outside experts and trade organizations
- Team building- demonstrated ability to work with internal teams and develop network of experts within DuPont
- IP Strategy- demonstrated familiarity of pertinent patent landscape
- Product/Process Pipeline- maintain evergreen process to evaluate new ideas and opportunities relevant to the business
- Strong drive for results and a passion to help drive growth to the business
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Travel - This position requires 30~50% travel.
- Minimum 10 years in developing applications for plastics in yarn/textile industries in sales, marketing, technical service or relevant customer facing experiences
- Direct responsibility for growth (project management/business development) preferred.
- Competencies - Communication proficiency, initiative, teamwork orientation, personal, effectiveness/credibility, technical capacity, project management, time management
- NA-United States-Delaware-Wilmington
- Transportation & Industrial
- Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)