This engineer reports to the Human Machine Solutions Senior Manager in the Emerging Operations
Technologies team. The Emerging Operations Technologies team reports into the Vice President of the Digital Transformation Program within Corporate Engineering, Technology and Operations organization.
The Human - Machines Solutions team is responsible for technology maturation and integration, portfolio execution, and effective technology transfer of the company digital technology projects impacting digital manufacturing, operations simulation, industrial control systems, autonomous production solutions, and automation or semi-automation.
Focus areas include augmented/virtual reality, discrete process simulation, machine utilization and analytics, process control, smart sensors/measurement systems, advanced robotics, human augmentation, and autonomy.
- Demonstrated track record in developing and implementing digital process technologies in operational environments
- Experience managing project teams consisting of engineers or scientists
- Demonstrated history of collaboration and working with internal customers to identify needs and realize value through technology solutions
- Experience supporting (directly or indirectly) or managing production operations
- Aviation or Defense Industry Experience
- Knowledge of basic technology portfolio management processes
- Experience managing research or technology projects including intellectual property planning and competitive assessment of technologies in manufacturing and engineering areas
- Proficiency in technology acquisition and working with equipment/machine/software suppliers
- The selected candidate will be a member of a high performing virtual team and must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic, time-management, and interpersonal skills
- The selected candidate must demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills as the position will require frequent interactions with technical leaders across the enterprise
- The ability to travel for broad business area facilitation and team interaction is required and should be expected at approximately 10% of the time
- Ability to obtain secret clearance or existing secret clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.