We’re looking for a Senior CNC Programmer who will be an integral team member in the CNC Machining Department. The successful candidate would be responsible for programing, sets ups and operating CNC machining centers utilizing MasterCAM and Fusion360 CAM software to generate machine code to ‘cut to print’ or geometry specifications using 2 and 3 axis lathes, 3 and 4 axis verticals, 7 and 8 axis mill turn machining centers and a variety of multi axis swiss lathes. Candidate should be able to work with a minimal amount of supervision and be able to setup and program multiple machining centers.
This candidate should be able to operate most machinery and have the ability to work self-paced to meet timelines and can think through issues with minimal instruction. To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform the requirements listed below, which are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Creates and or reviews setup sheet and specifications to determine best setup procedure, machining sequence, and quality requirements.
· The candidate will be responsible for running a variety of machining centers such as; 3 axis verticals with DDR 4ths, 2 and 3 axis lathes, multi axis swiss lathes, and 7/8 axis mill turn centers.
· Assembles cutting tools in tool holders and positions tool holders in machine as specified, using hand tools, or insert cutting tools in specified machine magazines.
· Basic familiarity with machine controls including Fanuc, Mitsubishi and the ability to import and run programs from a database.
· Monitors machine operations for program optimization.
· Measures work piece for conformance to specification, using measuring instruments, such as micrometers, dial indicators, gauges, and Renishaw probe on the CNC machining centers.
· Adjusts machine feeds and speeds, and change cutters to machine parts according to specifications.
· Inspects and measures parts to maintain statistical process control charts. Documents results on proper inspection forms.
· Analyzes drawing, sketches, and design data of parts, tools, gages, and fixtures to determine dimension and configuration of cuts.
· Prepares instruction sheets and cutter lists to guide setup and operation of machine.
· Compares encoded computer printout with original program sheet to assure accuracy of machine instructions.
· Revises program to eliminate instruction errors or omissions.
· Communicates with CNC Supervisor and team members to receive instructions and coordinate activities. Notifies CNC Supervisor of discrepancies and or challenges.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $35,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: One location